What's the point of dual medic?

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
Deal, would you like the both of them? But only because we have the same name :lol:

It's not nice to talk about beer while I'm at work! So close yet so far...

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
wait! I'm a Rob too! Save a beer for me!

paramedic_will_work_for_beer_flyer-p2443066419744624702mcvz_400.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
wait! I'm a Rob too! Save a beer for me!

There's always a beer in my fridge with your name on it Rob ;)

Heck yea! I don't turn down beer. I had the name first, FYI :p

Any requests? I'm about to take my half-sunburned self to the store.

You had it first and made it partially awesome, but I finished the awesomeness.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I'll drink just about any IPA if it's cold. :)

I'm sitting at the station, working nights tonight, and the mere thought of a frosty IPA, with that delectable hoppy bite, is making me salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll drink just about any IPA if it's cold. :)

I'm sitting at the station, working nights tonight, and the mere thought of a frosty IPA, with that delectable hoppy bite, is making me salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs.

I'm not an IPA type of guy but would you settle for a Lagunitas IPA?

nocoderob

Forum Crew Member
Lagunitas is pretty good. If you can find Stone IPA, do try. I am not a big IPA fan either but that stuff is gooooood.

Oh, and thanks for making the name pure awesomeness :)

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Done!

We should probably get back on topic.

Uh, we run exclusively dual medic trucks. It's a good system. We like it.

How's that?

OzAmbo

Forum Crew Member
Done!

We should probably get back on topic.

Uh, we run exclusively dual medic trucks. It's a good system. We like it.

How's that?
i like it too.

-----------------------------

Partner : im exhausted, can you drive this job

Medic : no, because this patient is sick and needs a higher level of knowledge and assessment in the back

Medic : im exhausted, can you drive this job?

Partner : no, because this patient is sick and needs a higher level of knowledge and assessment in the back

Medic : What do we have here.. is this APO, exacerbation of COPD, APA and COPD? Shoul'd i manage this guys as COPD or go for the nitrates?

Partner : what are you talking about?

Half baked reasons aside (including drivel like "not all patient are ALS etc etc etc) Being able to share the decision making workload and fatigue of driving during the night :censored::censored::censored::censored:s as well as having a sounding board for decision making comes up trumps in my opinion and makes dual medic superior no matter what excuse you have cooked up against it

Its not aways about patient care, sometimes its about caring for yourselves

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
In the great state of NJ you could have started the EMT program at 15 as long as you turn 16 by the time the course was scheduled to end. Most squads around here have cadet programs for members 14+.
thanks for explaining that. I was going to, but it is more credible when someone else does.

that's also why I said this:
oh and lets not forget, 15 years as an emt, the last 7 as a career provider in an urban 911 system.
so if you don't want to count my volunteer time, that's ok, i do have 7 years getting paid for answering 911 calls. but i'm only an EMT, so you might not count that at all.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Lagunitas is pretty good. If you can find Stone IPA, do try. I am not a big IPA fan either but that stuff is gooooood.

Oh, and thanks for making the name pure awesomeness :)

I can't take all the credit. It was a joint effort sir!

that's also why I said this:
so if you don't want to count my volunteer time, that's ok, i do have 7 years getting paid for answering 911 calls. but i'm only an EMT, so you might not count that at all.

I absolutely count volunteer time. Especially if you are active in training and not just "the good stuff".

I've got a lot of respect for dispatchers. We are required to do a certain amount of hours each year observing in dispatch. I couldn't work in there. I don't have the patience and I'd go nuts in that little room. With that said, I personally don't believe that dispatch time, be it paid or volunteer, substitutes as experience when talking about the "field".

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Pt was negative for meningitis! Thank goodness. I feel like I jumped to conclusions but she said too many keys for me to not consider it as a possibility. I learned a lot from that situation, even though I didn't like it.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
With that said, I personally don't believe that dispatch time, be it paid or volunteer, substitutes as experience when talking about the "field".
Good, neither do I.

that's why up until 6 months ago, I was working part time on an ambulance at my side job. Communications just paid a lot more for me to give it up. and as of Sept 16th, I will be back on an ambulance, as it was one of the conditions I had for accepting a new part time job (which I get paid surprisingly well) to answer 911 calls.

any other questions or comments you have about me?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
any other questions or comments you have about me?

The whole world doesn't revolve around you. Except in the case of this thread...then it does.

Edit: disregard the meningitis post. Definitely was meant for a different thread.