What's that red button on the radio for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
On the Motorolas you can also press it and the press the ptt button, talk and then press the red button again to turn it off and then press it again to turn it off

it actually depends on how it’s configured.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Some of our radios have a feature where if you hit the PTT button for a fraction of a second, it keeps the mic open for few seconds.

We're all standing around hot washing a call. Someone adjusts their strap, taps the button, opens the mic, with like four or five other radios all within a few feet of each other. The feedback was loud and screechy.

I looked at the person who did it with a
spongebob.jpg
and said, "REALLY?!??!" ,,, which of course also went over the radios.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Our operation doesn't use radios 😭

Our issued phones work better for this kind of thing probably. But they have a red panic button on the side that is not recessed. It is bulged out and easy to hit.

That being said.

Within .02 seconds dispatch was calling me to make sure everything was fine.

It was. 😅

Fastfrankie19151

Forum Crew Member
In my county the emergency vehicles are all tracked via gps via mdt so the mobile radio panic buttons automatically send the police to all police vehicles along with a ambulance depending on the nature of the call the officer is out on at that time. All Ems units automatically get the police and if it is a paid Ems unit which are usually als hospital based the Ems supervisor for that health system responds. Fire vehicles get Ems and police. For portable radios the response is the same if the unit is on a call if it is a individually assigned portable they page the unit with an attention tone if no response after three tries they contact the chief officer.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Closed for 2 year bump

Status
Not open for further replies.