what Knife do you carry on duty?

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Have two in my car console. Never know when you will have to do an emergency crime, or eat refritos

BTW, an earlier post said the Calif "EMS Agency" (sic) requires caregivers to carry a folding knife. News to me, and CALEMSA is and "Authority", not "Agency".

Cylinder wrench:
media.nl

$3 plus s/h, 1/2 the thickness of a pocket knife. You could shorten the length if needed.

I carry one of those along with a mini sharpie and our road safety key logger thing on the retractable badge clip where my ID is. I can honestly say I use all three of them constantly, never had a need for a knife though. But a lot of the guys I work with all carry big folding knives, guess it just depends on where you work.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Spends a lot of time sharpening

machete01-1024x685.jpg

"I heard someone is entrapped..."

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Epic photo FTW

Nervegas

Forum Lieutenant
Also a great grindhouse flick, machete ftw! *coughs* plus I know some guys at work who would do that if they could >.>

McGoo

Forum Crew Member
I have a cheap chinese Leatherman (poor) imitation, some issued trauma shears, and some sterile scissors. None of it gets much use, but when you need them, you really need them.

mycrofft

Re. knife above: read ALL the Amazon comments.

Here's the "Ultimate Swiss Army Knife"...
UltimateSwissArmyKnife.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Scalpels_and_Scalpel_Handles_Scalpel__Sa_21_78_1.jpg

:D

mycrofft

Oh, "snap".

Here's my original with genuine mammoth tusk handle:
619-7.jpg

I even named it.
"619".
After my first partner. The one the mammoth got.

david419

Forum Ride Along
Don't forget, this one is great for opening a beer bottle at the end of the day :)

What is the name of this tool that way I can order one? I actually think it can be useful. It has the belt/clothes cutter, bottle opener, and an oxygen tank wrench. I have an oxygen tank wrench tool on a knife I bought. But, after I really started to think about it. I don't like the knife portion on it.

mycrofft

About $6 at your local feed store and 1/2 inch thick:

Bandage-Cutter-amp-Ear-Tag-Removal-Knife.jpg
Have to get your own sheath. I use a baggie, it's in my trauma kit.This one only has one blade, see if you can get one with two. I've haven't used mine in seven years, 7.25 inch serrated shears ($4, Ace Hardware) work faster and safer and do so much more.

Rural EMT

Forum Ride Along
I carry a CRKT M16-04 as my "utility" knife, then for work purposes I have the Victorinox rescue tool and a Leatherman is never far off.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I carry a "I can not believe its not butter" knife.

mycrofft

I promise to strop zooming this thread.

Pun unintended, thank MAC OS 10!

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
I carry a gerber paraframe folder, and a CRKT N.E.C.K. as a boot knife

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I carry a gerber paraframe folder, and a CRKT N.E.C.K. as a boot knife

Just picked up a Paraframe II, it's a great inexpensive folder. I don't really plan on using it on the job though, I have a leatherman in my backpack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Forum Captain
CKRT something or another model. it was 15 bucks at big 5 and it stays sharp! after buying the expensive assisted open 80$ knife and having it jacked i figured id go cheap.. pretty good choice