• No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
@Bullets
You got a toughbook? Fancy ;)

I've never worked anywhere that didn't have toughbooks.

We're getting fancy new ones too where the screen pops off and becomes a tablet. Pretty snazzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

We're getting fancy new ones too where the screen pops off and becomes a tablet. Pretty snazzy.

We've got iPads.
We currently have Toughbooks, and are getting a new ePCR program.....rumor has it we're getting new hardware as well, the most common rumor is iPads, that's what one of our FD's we run with uses, and quite frankly, their IPad plus the software they have is the best ePCR software I've seen.....looks just like a normal paper run form, tap on the section you want to put it, and it opens a submenu you input what you need, and it goes back to the main form written in, it's really super nice, I hope that's what we are getting, but I have a sneaking suspicion what we'll get will somehow be more complicated/less user friendly than our current setup lol. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when they do the mandatory in-service training on the new stuff

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Ours is pretty nice. It's called, oddly enough, iPCR. We use active 911 as our pseudo cad/mapping. That's also not awful.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

We have had those for over 2 years. They are ok. Nothing that is too exciting. We ended up screwing the keyboard in to the tablet. When we were able to separate them there were issues with some of the connections not lining back up when we connected them back.

We are switching systems to ImageTrends and I was one of the testers... let's just say there were so many issues between the tablets, software, and unit WiFi that we are no longer testing them.

This is the model we have: http://business.panasonic.com/toughpad/us/windows-tablet-fz-g1.html

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I knew I had posted about it a while back lol:
My last FD job used iPads with various Otterbox style cases (different brands though), and they worked out rather wonderfully I thought. It also helped the ePCR program was extremely user friendly and straight forward. Medic Clipboard from Digital EMS Inc., basically you opened the form and it basically opened what looked like a blank paper run form on the screen, you tap on the section you want to fill out and then it brings up a detailed subscreen that lets you put in what you need to, then when you go back it shows up on the run form just like you wrote out a paper one. Very cleanly and nicely done, no more scrolling through 50 sections or hunting across 20 tabs, it was very user friendly I thought.

ipad_04.png
004.png
008.png

http://digitalemsinc.com/product-images/

We currently have Toughbooks, and are getting a new ePCR program.....rumor has it we're getting new hardware as well, the most common rumor is iPads, that's what one of our FD's we run with uses, and quite frankly, their IPad plus the software they have is the best ePCR software I've seen.....looks just like a normal paper run form, tap on the section you want to put it, and it opens a submenu you input what you need, and it goes back to the main form written in, it's really super nice, I hope that's what we are getting, but I have a sneaking suspicion what we'll get will somehow be more complicated/less user friendly than our current setup lol. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks when they do the mandatory in-service training on the new stuff
Our current setup on the Toughbook is HealthEMS Mobile
(Ours is slightly different, but almost identical...somehow I'm not terribly surprised someone made a Youtube video of it lol)

agregularguy

Forum Lieutenant
My current agency just unfortunately switched from the toughbooks to the microsoft surface tablets.. As much as the tablets are decent, getting signatures on them are a pain in the ***, and typing while driving is a lot more difficult with their keyboard then the toughbooks.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My current agency just unfortunately switched from the toughbooks to the microsoft surface tablets.. As much as the tablets are decent, getting signatures on them are a pain in the ***, and typing while driving is a lot more difficult with their keyboard then the toughbooks.
Our medical units had Surface tablets, and a couple filtered out to us BLS units (myou shift had one for a couple of weeks). Most guys didn't like them because they felt "small" or "flimsy" or unlike the Tough book where the keyboard is fixed, the Surface's was part of the case that just flopped around if you didn't prop it.....me and my partner once we figured outhat how to hold it so the keyboard was propped on our arm or something liked it better than the Toughbooks because it's smaller and lighter and more portable, easier to work with in the hospital hallway lol, and the touchscreen was a lot easier to work with too...but alas they've been removed....so I wonder what, if any, new haelrdware (tablet or not) we'll get when we do the in service in two weeks lol