What do you all have on your personal vehicles

Lone Star

Forum Crew Member
I feel cheated!

I've got no lights, no stickers, no decals, no 'special plates'....and the only time I have any medical supplies in my vehicle is when a friend calls me and needs me to 'check something out for me'......*hangs his head in shame*

reaper

Working Bum
Maybe you should clean your cellphone?

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Cellphone.

Sometimes a CPR mask, a small first aid kit or the rare occasion my steth/bp cuff when i'm headed to work or a volly event.

scottyb

Forum Crew Member
On the vehicle:

Ambulance Service plate on front
Star of life sticker in back window

In vehicle:
First Aid kit
Green Star Mini-Phantom Max LED
Flashlight

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
On: Nutten

In: Just a whole bunch of camera gear.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I'm surprised how many people don't carry a small CPR mask of some kind...

cpr is all compressions now.:glare:

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
The only person I'll ever immediately do mouth-to-mouth CPR on is my girlfriend; I'm even a bit iffy about doing it with my immediate family, but if, given the situation, I would still most likely do it. Even more iffy about my lifelong friends.

Other than that group of people in my life, I will never do mouth-to-mouth. Compression-only will have to do until something with a pocket mast happens to arrive before EMS.

Cory

Forum Captain
The only person I'll ever immediately do mouth-to-mouth CPR on is my girlfriend; I'm even a bit iffy about doing it with my immediate family, but if, given the situation, I would still most likely do it. Even more iffy about my lifelong friends.

Other than that group of people in my life, I will never do mouth-to-mouth. Compression-only will have to do until something with a pocket mast happens to arrive before EMS.

...but that person could be you, why would you even take the risk? My instructor gave me a mask, and then I got one from work too, so I just have them stashed around different in places. This is one thing where I would rather be safe than sorry, and call me a whacker if you want but we're talking about a small mask.

Last edited by a moderator:

FLEMTP

Forum Captain
I have an IAFF sticker and a State of Florida paramedic sticker and thats about it. I keep a BVM in my cargo area and a few pairs of gloves in the center console. I keep my dept issued gear bag in the cargo area too, but that's usually just used for work. They give us our traffic safety vest, raingear, extrication helmet and jacket, and a level C hazmat suit and gas mask and thats all what we keep in our gear bag.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
...but that person could be you, why would you even take the risk? My instructor gave me a mask, and then I got one from work too, so I just have them stashed around different in places. This is one thing where I would rather be safe than sorry, and call me a whacker if you want but we're talking about a small mask.

Did I really type "something with a pocket mast"? Wow... Aha:blush:

Anyways, I never said carrying a pocket mask is a whacker thing to do. I don't carry mine everywhere because it is simply just too big to carry in all practicality. It's basically the exact same type of mask as you'd find on an BVM, but instead of the bag it has a 1-way valve for rescue breaths.

Yes, if I had a smaller mask I'd probably have it on me more often than this one, but I'm not about to go out and grab one just because. I've never needed the one I already have yet - any time I've needed to provide rescue breaths it was done while on the job with a BVM and an ALS unit en route to intercept.

MIkePrekopa

Forum Crew Member
no lights or stickers... yet. I would like to put NREMT on the back window of my jeep, but i have to take my NR test still :p

If I have my backpack, I have the big, cushioned CPR mask, like on a BVM, but with a 1-way, my scope, a mix of pens and sharpies, a cheap penlight, a plastic O2 wrench, and a 100ft of paracord neatly rolled with 3 D-clips.

On my keys I have a metal O2 wrench, folded up little saran wrap style CPR mask, and 1AAA mini-maglight in addition to my car keys.

OrlandoRMAMedic

Forum Crew Member
In the back of my truck I have my safety jacket. In my glove box 4-5 prs of gloves. On my key chain is a disposable face mask. I had a bumper sticker that said "You can always tell a fire fighter, you just can't tell them much" but when I had to scrap the ice off of my back window it came off...

EMT

Forum Probie
A note to start- Yes, i am a Whacker (and proud).

Here are my excuses for having a blue LED lightbar in my back window, a blue strobe and two blue LED dashlights... where i live the roads are constantly constipated by hundreds of bad drivers. Once i flick on my lights, the road parts like the red sea (thank god because respond time is 5 minutes max and i live 7 minutes away). Besides that? A EMS plate in the front and a EMS plate cover in the back. I have a EMS sticker too, i just never took it out of my glove box.

To answer any questions before they are asked-
1. Yes, i have my NJ Permit for Blue Lights.
2. Yes, i am a Whacker.

JPINFV

Gadfly
EMS stuff I have on my car is ______.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I have NO EMS stuff on my car. Occasionally, I'll carry my BLS or my Sports Med kits (they're similar, but are stocked differently because of their different purposes), but you'd never see it. Perhaps down the road, I may put a personalized EMS plate on my car... but not right now. That plate would be personalized with my ham call sign.