welcome to the digital world

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysquad

Forum Probie
what do you think of electronic health records? isn't it rad how technology has made our life less chaotic? Gone are the days when health practitioners solely rely on paper charts and medical books to find the best treatment plan for their patients. does your doctor use EHRs?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So cool.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
My doctor carves my charts on stone tablets

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Ever seen what happens when the EHR goes down?

Talk about less chaos.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Ever seen what happens when the EHR goes down?

Talk about less chaos.
Yes. A tornado is less chaos than what happens when an EHR system goes down and everyone is used to using it... It affects more than just than just the nurses and docs doing the charting. It also affects the lab, radiology, Resp. Therapy... and so much more.

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
From a pt care stand point, I really like it. It's nice to know that the guy with chest pain and an ugly EKG had an ugly EKG 10 years ago. With the right system, it is so much easier to find what you need and you don't have to try to figure out someone's handwriting. Having started in the era of written charts, I wouldn't want to go back. But yeah, when it goes down, it sucks.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you reviving old posts with no added value or input simply so you can post some scam or pitch? Time will tell...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Are you reviving old posts with no added value or input simply so you can post some scam or pitch? Time will tell...
It's keeping me busy locking these useless bumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.