Uniform. Is there a way to spot clean it??

RookieRescue1

Forum Probie
Anyone have any suggestions on a spot cleaner I go use between calls. My uniform is dark navy so it doesn't have to get rid of the stain completely but just enough to not look such a mess lol

rescue1

Forum Asst. Chief
Depending on what it is, I have been known to use a lint roller for dirt/dust, and a lysol/clorox wipe for icky stuff (most recently, a large gooey vaginal blood clot, that was fun) when I don't have time to change. This is unlikely to be good for your clothes or your skin, though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hydrogen peroxide normally works well for blood stains

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I keep one of those Tide stain pens in my bag that I take to work. They work pretty well for food and whatnot, which is what I struggle with the most haha.

Trashtruck

Forum Captain
Depending on what it is, I have been known to use a lint roller for dirt/dust, and a lysol/clorox wipe for icky stuff (most recently, a large gooey vaginal blood clot, that was fun) when I don't have time to change. This is unlikely to be good for your clothes or your skin, though.

DO NOT use the Clorox with bleach. The other wipes work fine, but the bleach will, well, bleach your clothes. I've ruined a few pairs of pants by wiping things down and having the Clorox wipe drip on myself.

EMTguy85

Forum Ride Along
Tide Stain Pens- Get the 3 pack!

I have a friend that recently went through a CA police academy with [surprise] very strict anal retentive drill instructors... The deputy trainee's secret was the Tide pen. He still has them everywhere and swears by them. (He's my roommate, and been using them for years since then).

JPINFV

Gadfly
Walk over to scrub machine. Slide card. Receive new scrubs. Walk to call room. Change. Walk back to scrub machine. Slide card. Deposit old scrubs.

...also nice thick surgical gowns are much better than the isolation gowns found on ambulances.

ToyotaTruck

Forum Crew Member
We have the super antimicrobial foaming spray at my company, for stains i spray some on the inside of my uniform and "shoot" out the stain. Hold it right up to it and spray it through the cloth.

Tide to go pen works great for food stains.

Medic1985

Forum Ride Along
I have to second the Tide pens. Although I have noticed two things about them. They aren't great for huge stains.. and depending on the substance that is on you.. when the Tide pen (which smells like laundry detergent) mixes with the stain, there is a chance it will smell like the most repulsive throw-up.. I have had this happen a few times.. as strange as that sounds.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I use the red top wipes that supposedly cause skin cancer. Lol

They work well.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Are you talking about food and dirt stains? Or are you talking about bodily fluids?

Food and dirt, tide pens work great, saline bullets and a 4x4 work well too if you catch it early. Purple-top cidex wipes work good too but supposedly they give you cancer...so I'm not going to tell you to use them and have you blame me if you get the big C word down the road.

Bodily fluids? You need to change your uniform. That's disgusting if you're trying to continue to wear that uniform after an exposure like that.

Last edited by a moderator: