things you will never live down

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
When I was working for a private service we did a 911 rollover with an engine crew. As we left the scene 2 firefighters were helping back me out of tight quarters. I hit something solid as I was backing up. I got out to check on it, and they had backed me into a fire hydrant. Just as I saw, the LT on the engine got on the PA and said "That is NOT what it means to hit the Plug" I almost fell over laughing.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Pajamas???!!! LOL

Everyone knows "You ain't tough unless you work a code in the buff"!

Anjel

Forum Angel
So it's a ripped pants story...

We were on scene working a V-Fib arrest. I was at the feet setting up for the IO. I bent down and my pants pretty much exploded. From the button to the knee.

The Fire guy next to me was like "did your pants just rip?....Awesome!".

I panicked because you could see everything. So I got up and got cling and started wrapping my leg in it and trying to tape the crotch back together. Then put my coat around my waist backwards.

When we got to the ER staff gave me a pair of scrubs but they were small so I had to put my ripped pants back on over them.

To this day my nickname is Atomic Pants or Atomano. My partner even drew a pic to remember the occasion.

21ef345563bebcb3261626cc1ff09d25.jpg

^^pants with scrubs underneath

33f01b103b764293008dcbc42ba4a971.jpg

^^partners drawing

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I bent down and my pants pretty much exploded. From the button to the knee.

Thats happened to me before, except not that bad. Mine ripped from the crotch to upper thigh, still embarrassing as all hell. Oh and by the way thats a awesome drawing!

COmedic17

Forum Asst. Chief
I had a partner who sharted himself on a call in the patients living room.

Reactions: ego

samiam

Amazing Member
I had a partner who sharted himself on a call in the patients living room.
This is just plain unfortunate.

I was helping a doc while he was placing a art line and there was a pre-med student observing, as soon as the blood flashed I hear a thud behind me. Poor girl just tanked right out and got a porcelain sink to the head on the way down. Nice head wound decent amount of blood. I turned around and grabbed her with some gauze and put pressure on it, she came to saw all the blood and was out again. I think she changed career choice after that.

secondangels

Forum Ride Along
In my EMT-B class when we had just learned trauma assessments, we were taking turns practicing scenarios on each other. My turn comes up and I wasn't really listening to my "dispatched to" information, because I figured it'd be repeated while I did my assessment. I get to the head to toe, I go through the whole thing and my instructor kept saying I wasn't finding anything. By the end I was pretty confused but figured it was a trick scenario or something, I say I'm done with my assessment, and the first thing my classmate/"patient" says is "Gunshot to the stomach!! I got shot!! In my stomach!!"

I forgot to look at the abdomen...

My instructor and classmates didn't let me forget about it. Walking out of the class finals' trauma assessment station, my instructor asks "did you remember to inspect the abdomen??"

Jondruby

The PLS of BLS.
hehehe... that's something I would do, minus the running away part. I'd probably pass out; but not run away. I almost failed the OBGYN part of my registry test. I hope I NEVER have to deliver a baby - I'd drop it with my luck. I'd turn a healthy, screaming baby into a PNB in no time.... :S

It's sweet that she brought baby down to see you though!
The only time its ok to fake a seizure is if you drop the baby. At least thats what they say.

rroop32

Forum Ride Along
Not ems related, but in my junior days at my local volunteer fire company, first time I was to hit a hydrant at a fire. Got off the truck with a radio and a light. Ran to the back of the truck threw the hydrant wrench next to the hydrant and proceeded to wrap the hydrant. To my unknowing knowledge a peice of webbing ( attached to another hoseload) had wrapped around the wrench. Well the truck took off ( and so did the wrench) to lay a supply line. As i set up to connect it to the hydrant I realised i couldnt find the wrench! So not being involved with the company for too long, panic set in...I keyed up the radio on county operating channel ( can be heard county wide) to my rig, said and i quote " I cant find the f***ing hydrant wrench" ...Needless to say, 10 years later i still get reminded of it, of course we laugh about it now, but i got my *** chewed out for it by our cheif at the time.

Jane

Forum Crew Member
In EMT school we were doing a scenario involving a patient who had vomited and now had gurgling respiration. I grabbed the portable suction to clear the airway but was stopped by my classmate because he for some reason thought you can't suction a conscious patient. Annoyed, I went to go sit in the Captain's chair to stay out of the way. Our patient continued to choke on their vomit. Eventually the classmate decided to go ahead and suction airway due to the patient getting worse. Pissed, I yelled at my classmate "I JUST F-ING SAID THAT!". They didn't let me live it down for the rest of the semester.

CODE X FLATLINE

Forum Ride Along
I'll try my best to keep this one PG-13, well my partner & I were N/B on the Gowanus Expy. in Bklyn. headed back to L.I.C.H., the morning rush hour traffic was at a dead standstill & my coffee was busting out of me like all get out so I said Joanne you gotta pull over like "RIGHT NOW" so she dutifully pulls over & I whip it out & cut loose & all you guys know there's always that point of no return like no matter how hard you try you just cannot stop for money or love & sure enough she slowly pulls the bus away & here I am in all my splendor in front of gawking New Yorkers who just found comic relief at the expense & embarrassment of yours truly, all I could do was turn around & when I finished ole Joanne was laughing to beat the band as we drove off, just another one of those crazy days at work that we call sanity maintenance, thanks for reading.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I'll try my best to keep this one PG-13, well my partner & I were N/B on the Gowanus Expy. in Bklyn. headed back to L.I.C.H., the morning rush hour traffic was at a dead standstill & my coffee was busting out of me like all get out so I said Joanne you gotta pull over like "RIGHT NOW" so she dutifully pulls over & I whip it out & cut loose & all you guys know there's always that point of no return like no matter how hard you try you just cannot stop for money or love & sure enough she slowly pulls the bus away & here I am in all my splendor in front of gawking New Yorkers who just found comic relief at the expense & embarrassment of yours truly, all I could do was turn around & when I finished ole Joanne was laughing to beat the band as we drove off, just another one of those crazy days at work that we call sanity maintenance, thanks for reading.
If i'm interpreting that correctly, that may be the single most unprofessional thing i have ever heard to happen in ems.

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief

premium-plastic-urinal-591.jpg