things you will never live down

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
ER was over 30 miles away. And the only vehicles up there were fire engines and Captian trucks.

Very awkward when you are 16 and you hear a fire medic you've known for 4 years say "alright well uhh, go in your bunk room and take your pants off and I'll find the medical staff for today to have a look".

Why we had 5 fire medics as medical staff is beyond me.

Oh that just sucks. Oooof...16?
5 fire medics? Really?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
5 fire medics? Really?

It was worse at the hospital. It was a slow day at the hospital and I was the only patient. So naturally I had the fire medic from my station, the doctor, 3 RNs, and 2 LVNs all in my room while the doc was stitching.

Ooh the awkwardness of all that plus having my medic hold me down on the table because I was not easily going to take the numbing shots.

medic417

The Truth Provider
5 fire medics? Really?

And just think of all the nurses he had hit on in the ER finding out he was guilty of false advertising.:rofl:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And just think of all the nurses he had hit on in the ER finding out he was guilty of false advertising.:rofl:

Hey hey hey! That was uncalled for haha. Luckily it was a hospital I've never been to before or ever again. Glad I don't work up at bear valley hospital in Big Bear, CA haha

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
It was worse at the hospital. It was a slow day at the hospital and I was the only patient. So naturally I had the fire medic from my station, the doctor, 3 RNs, and 2 LVNs all in my room while the doc was stitching.

Ooh the awkwardness of all that plus having my medic hold me down on the table because I was not easily going to take the numbing shots.

Now you have a general idea about how painful labor and delivery is!

medic417

The Truth Provider
Now you have a general idea about how painful labor and delivery is!

Do you know how to tell if a patient is in labor for the first time?

First timers are trying to be modest and act bashful when you check them. Second timers or more meet you at the door with everything exposed, they have no shame they just want it out.

medic417

The Truth Provider
Is it worth asking how exactly you managed to do that to yourself?!

His mom only told him he would go blind she never warned him about this.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is it worth asking how exactly you managed to do that to yourself?!

Short story is I was climbing a telephone pole (part of an excersize) and my foot slipped off the rusty L spike and I fell 3 feet only to have a couple more rusty L spikes cut my shin, stomach, and scrotum :wacko:

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Do you know how to tell if a patient is in labor for the first time?

First timers are trying to be modest and act bashful when you check them. Second timers or more meet you at the door with everything exposed, they have no shame they just want it out.

That's what I've heard. Don't blame either of 'em personally. First time around is terrifying (can you tell I don't have kids?) second time around there must be a sense of "Why did I do this?!"

ARose

Forum Lieutenant
Short story is I was climbing a telephone pole (part of an excersize) and my foot slipped off the rusty L spike and I fell 3 feet only to have a couple more rusty L spikes cut my shin, stomach, and scrotum :wacko:

Stop making me wince, I'm getting funny looks from people.

d0nk3yk0n9

Forum Crew Member

We had someone at the summer camp I work at once try to climb a flagpole. Technically, he was successful, it was his climbing back down that needed work. He somehow managed to slide all the way back down and impale himself on the cleat in a rather unfortunate place.

lil'red

Forum Ride Along
We got dispatched out on a call on a FREEZING cold, rainy day and as I reached up to unplug my ambulance, my hand slipped off of hte wet plug and I caught the cord. The plug came FLYING out and SMACKED me in the eye. I had to call my area supervisor and let him know that I had just given myself a huge black eye!!!

dewey

Forum Probie
EMT-I Clinicals

My first ER-clinical for EMT-I - Asking a pretty cute 28 YOF cc R hemothorax, lying nekkid in the ER (gown wasn't placed well, and I was holding c-spine), and who was getting a foley inserted - "How's it goin".. I was just trying to calm her down a bit, but it sounded like I was hitting on her.. I got a couple snickers and odd looks from the Pt., the ER staff, and my preceptor..

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
We got dispatched out on a call on a FREEZING cold, rainy day and as I reached up to unplug my ambulance, my hand slipped off of hte wet plug and I caught the cord. The plug came FLYING out and SMACKED me in the eye. I had to call my area supervisor and let him know that I had just given myself a huge black eye!!!

Better then the FF who went to unplug it, and the wires' were exposed.. He grabbed it and fried the crap out of himself..

The article said after a week in the hospital, he still can't feel, or use that hand.

Riley

Forum Ride Along
I was doing third rides with a fire station. The guy was drunk in an attempt to self-manage his drinking. He was pissed because we couldn't get a line on him (he had a port) and refused to talk to us for half the trip besides telling us he needed to pee. He decided to yell in the ER that he wanted me to help him with the urinal. The security guards had a laugh about that.

KyleG

Forum Crew Member
Backwards BP cuff.... Don't wanna talk about :p

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Wasn't me but when I patrolled I showed up as the second man in with the gear. Handed the volly who was first on scene the c-collar, turned around for 2 seconds turned back arround and he had put it on inside out :wacko: