Things to Do During the Wuhan Flu Outbreak

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

these guys would disagree with you. If you know what an M and M is, you'll understand. Dead people transcend politeness, Bro....
There's a lot to be said for common terminology as well, Bro.

OP
OP
Phillyrube

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Let’s stop calling it “Wuhan flu” and call it COVID 19 or the novel coronavirus.

these guys would disagree with you. If you know what an M and M is, you'll understand. Dead people transcend politeness, Bro....
sorry....meant to post this:

It's Wuhan Virus...no and's, if's or but's.....the doc is dead now, btw....
There's a lot to be said for common terminology as well, Bro.

China
Originated
Virus
Introduced
Domestically

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
China
Originated
Virus
Introduced
Domestically

Let's not get carried away. No one "introduced" anything. The Chinese gov't suppressed credible information because of political reasons and because they think nothing of employing totalitarian measures if things do go sideways. They did the math and suppressed the information. There were honest, brilliant physicians working in good faith to stem the advent of this contagion, but totalitarians being what they are....

We do need to uncouple our economy from China's. It may happen all on it's own as things evolve and it won't be comfortable for anyone but we've had this coming....

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
COVID-19 is an acronym that stands for coronavirus disease of 2019.
The coronavirus disease of 2019 was named COVID-19 by the WHO in a press release on February 11, 2020.

Diseases are officially named by WHO in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD). For COVID-19, the name was decided based on agreed guidelines between the WHO, the World Organization for Animal Health, and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The name was chosen because it didn’t refer to a specific geographic location, a specific animal, or a specific group of people. It also had to be easy to pronounce and related to the disease.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I bought some rifles. Rossi RS-22s, will be fun plinkers.

Also I’m pretty ok calling it the “Chinese flu”. It did start there, where they were eating koalas and snakes and dogs. Pretty sure it’s a natural consequence of eating bats, dogs, otters, etc. Especially dogs and cats. I really hope China cracks down on eating dogs and cats. Eating weird animals = Disease, so stop doing it. And definitely stop eating dogs. And if some people get negative feelings from that, well, turn that negativity into making sure their Third World country doesn’t bring more exotic viruses from whatever animal this was ripped out of into humanity. Develop better, safer food chains. Chinese culture and people isn’t responsible for this directly or exclusively but the Chinese did unleash it with their practices.
You don’t see a Mexican Coronavirus, or a Texan one, because we don’t eat bats, dogs and rare koalas.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I bought some rifles. Rossi RS-22s, will be fun plinkers.

Also I’m pretty ok calling it the “Chinese flu”. It did start there, where they were eating koalas and snakes and dogs. Pretty sure it’s a natural consequence of eating bats, dogs, otters, etc. Especially dogs and cats. I really hope China cracks down on eating dogs and cats. Eating weird animals = Disease, so stop doing it. And definitely stop eating dogs.

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, anyone?

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
COVID-19 is an acronym that stands for coronavirus disease of 2019.
The coronavirus disease of 2019 was named COVID-19 by the WHO in a press release on February 11, 2020.

Diseases are officially named by WHO in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD). For COVID-19, the name was decided based on agreed guidelines between the WHO, the World Organization for Animal Health, and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. The name was chosen because it didn’t refer to a specific geographic location, a specific animal, or a specific group of people. It also had to be easy to pronounce and related to the disease.
I think he was kidding with the pneumonic, and I think you’re taking this “Wuhan” thing a little too personal. Just sayin...

RocketMedic

So stop eating tainted dogs. Properly controlled dog meat should be fine

agreed, but my ingrained sense of cultural superiority and misplaced Anglo- centrism says that eating Mans Best Friend is beyond the pale and should be shut down just like my distant ancestors shut down the old Indian practice of widow-burning.

Seirende

agreed, but my ingrained sense of cultural superiority and misplaced Anglo- centrism says that eating Mans Best Friend is beyond the pale and should be shut down just like my distant ancestors shut down the old Indian practice of widow-burning.

You've just never had a cow or chicken as a pet. They're sweet creatures just as much as dogs.

Seirende

You should see how lovingly the mum hens take care of their chicks

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Watching both Zombieland films and reminding myself it is not a how to guide....

YET.

RocketMedic

You've just never had a cow or chicken as a pet. They're sweet creatures just as much as dogs.

a good friend had a pet pig and I don’t do pork since I met Hambacon. He was awesome! Died fat and old and super happy too. Smartest “dog” I’ve ever known.

Seirende

a good friend had a pet pig and I don’t do pork since I met Hambacon. He was awesome! Died fat and old and super happy too. Smartest “dog” I’ve ever known.

We'll make a vegetarian of you yet

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sounds like the same reason Tony Stewart named his pig Porkchop. Said it was the pig's one and only warning.

RocketMedic

We'll make a vegetarian of you yet
I actually really like the artificial meat and have mostly cut out read meat and poultry. Fish is good.