Things to Do During the Wuhan Flu Outbreak

Phillyrube

Leading Chief
Im cruising local craigslist and flagging people selling toilet paper and hand sanitizer.

Im cruising local craigslist and flagging idiots trying to sell motorcycles in motorcycle parts section to avoid the $5 fee.

Sitting on the corner with binoculars looking down the street. Cars driving by slow down.

Sit in car on the shoulder with 4 way flashers on. People driving by slow down.

Post 'em Up

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I was doing this before we got shelter in place, but I just work all the time. The only thing I did outside of go to work was go to restaurants, and now we can't do that. :( I'm still ordering the food and picking it up. My favorite Thai place is completely closed during the shelter in place.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Im working on my kitchen remodel.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
I'm working

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
In addition to teleworking I'm completing my CEU for EMS and for my day job.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Working, home schooling, running, showing the kids what it means to be generous when applicable, and at the same time how to conserve when applicable.

Lol, @Phillyrube with due respect, you sound as mad as the “idiots” you’re flagging..

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Let’s stop calling it “Wuhan flu” and call it COVID 19 or the novel coronavirus.
I agree, it’s a lot less blameless. I don’t know how much it matters on a grander scale at this point. I’m just calling it what it is—all kinds of bad.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Let’s stop calling it “Wuhan flu” and call it COVID 19 or the novel coronavirus.

these guys would disagree with you. If you know what an M and M is, you'll understand. Dead people transcend politeness, Bro....

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
When they are selling it $50.00 for a 32 oz bottle, or $5.00 a roll, taking advantage of the Wuhan flu.
So it’s better that the products aren’t on the market at all so then no one who wants them has any opportunity to procure them.

Makes sense.

E tank

these guys would disagree with you. If you know what an M and M is, you'll understand. Dead people transcend politeness, Bro....
sorry....meant to post this:

It's Wuhan Virus...no and's, if's or but's.....the doc is dead now, btw....

OP
OP
Phillyrube

Phillyrube

Leading Chief

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ok, you can pay $50 for two masks.

We see the same bloodsuckers every hurricane season.
You are missing the point completely.

if someone is selling something for a price that you think is way too much, but another person is willing to pay that price, then who are you to interfere in a voluntary transaction between two consenting adults?

Things become more valuable when they become more scarce. That’s a basic economic reality. The person selling the thing may well choose to just keep it hoarded away himself even though he doesn’t need it, if he isn’t able to sell it for what the market will bear. Is the potential buyer better off then?

E tank

For the most part everything sucks right now. Call it whatever makes you feel better.
Not to put too fine a point on it....what we call it will determine how we deal with this kind of thing in the future, our feelings aside....especially useful (nobody asked me, I know) will be regional, time frame, and genetic strain differences in the context of morbidity and mortality. What we are living through right now will positively impact hundreds of millions of people in the future....precisely because people will be asking difficult and uncomfortable questions...and because wicked smart folks will be working in labs and crunching numbers....