The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
GACK! I just wanted to lurk around....and maybe snoop some on chat. But I see that I have to step out into the lights of the internets and post 25, possibly 50 times before I can go into the chat room.

*oh nos. There was supposed to be an exceptionally funny LOLz cat picture here, but I can't post a pic until I have 5 posts under my newbie belt. Tough room.*

My name is Cindy and I'm in EMT school. I've wanted to be a paramedic since I was six. I did other things instead. Now I have the opportunity and the guts so Ima doit.

I have my first ED shift in a week. After that I think I'll feel a little more ready to sign up for my maiden ambulance cinical. Good God! They're going to let me on a ambulance! What are these people thinking?

I live in Denver. I do alot of yoga (it's harder than you think). I was a vegetarian for 8 years and recently I said ":censored::censored::censored::censored: it. I'm sorry chicken I know factory farming sucks for alot of reasons but I've got bigger problems right now and I just want a chicken sandwich". I like coffee and sci fi. I especially bad sci fi. I was a massage therapist, and just got my CNA license.

ATrain

Forum Crew Member
GACK! I just wanted to lurk around....and maybe snoop some on chat. But I see that I have to step out into the lights of the internets and post 25, possibly 50 times before I can go into the chat room.

*oh nos. There was supposed to be an exceptionally funny LOLz cat picture here, but I can't post a pic until I have 5 posts under my newbie belt. Tough room.*

My name is Cindy and I'm in EMT school. I've wanted to be a paramedic since I was six. I did other things instead. Now I have the opportunity and the guts so Ima doit.

I have my first ED shift in a week. After that I think I'll feel a little more ready to sign up for my maiden ambulance cinical. Good God! They're going to let me on a ambulance! What are these people thinking?

I live in Denver. I do alot of yoga (it's harder than you think). I was a vegetarian for 8 years and recently I said ":censored::censored::censored::censored: it. I'm sorry chicken I know factory farming sucks for alot of reasons but I've got bigger problems right now and I just want a chicken sandwich". I like coffee and sci fi. I especially bad sci fi. I was a massage therapist, and just got my CNA license.

I'm partial to bad zombie movies, myself...

Bald Guy

Forum Ride Along
Just another newb

Hi just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 28yr old newly graduated EMT-B. Got my NREMT in Chicago and moved back to Alabama to be around my family...BIG mistake. So now I'm desperately scrounging to find a crap job I hate until someone in this tiny town dies or gets promoted so I can drive an ambulance. :wacko: I at least got on the volunteer fire dept. so I can do con ed and keep training, but again, small town so not much interesting happens here.

GunneyPenguin

Forum Ride Along
EMT-nooB

Greetings!

I am a 20 y/o recently licensed EMT-B in Joliet, IL, hopin to go to medic school shortly, then I'm thinkin about RN and getting into flight medicine.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you around. There's lots to learn here.

Cindigo

Forum Crew Member
Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus for the win!

Considering signing up for my first ride along on Saturday morning. *nervous*

Baleeka

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone! My name is Derick, I'm a 20 year old father and prospective EMT student. I work full-time graveyard shift at Wal-Mart for $8.65/HR, and I'm ready to change my life, and help others in the process. I don't care if the pay may be less or them same, because this is a job I will love. I'm going to become a paramedic regardless of the hardships that I will have to go through to get there. My classes for EMT-B begin in June, and I'm so excited! I have wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. For those of you who are already EMT's and Paramedics, I have the highest respect for the job you guys do. I think its awesome that this site is here to help us all get together. Thanks for reading, I'm sure I will enjoy meeting you all! ^_^

gtucker

Forum Probie
Hi my names gary. Live in cherry valley , ca. Ive been emt for two years. I work for small private company in socal. Been here almost 11 months. Im trying my hardest to get on with amr for 911 and continue my education to be a paramedic. I love helping people and being a bls provider. I worked rvcfd for 3 1/2 as reserve. I f you ned any help or nsed talk about somthin let me know. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Gary.

Mad Max

Forum Probie
Hey y'all. The name's Jason, and I'm currently in the middle of my EMT-IV course and am looking to gather some more insight on the profession that has apparently chosen me. I'm a Native Texan by birth, but transplanted to Tennessee a few years back, and I live in a psudo-suburb of Nashville called Murfreesboro, and I love it here, hoping to set down some real roots and call this place home for the rest of my life. I've always been interested in public service, though circumstances, and admittedly, my own laziness, has kept me from answering the call. I'm looking to change all of that now, and hopefully, by the end of May, I'll have my certification and be ready to roll. I want to say thank you ahead of time to all the help I know I'm going to receive from the vets of these forums, I really do appreciate it.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Welcome dude!

Ricky36805

Forum Ride Along
New EMT Basic

Hey yall, my name is Richard (Ricky) and I'm 19. I'm from Galveston Texas, about 60 miles south of Houston. In 2008, I lost everything to Hurricane Ike and decided I wanted to be "one of the people that helps people" in the event of a disaster. So, 4 years later, here I am. I just got my basic certification on 2/22/12 and I'm looking forward to become a part of the ems system. I'm currently in my AEMT school and going to do my paramedic starting this summer. I want to either be a fight medic, dive medic, or just a paramedic in general. And on a side note, I also own a party-bus/limousine company. Anyway, any questions or anything just ask private message me or what not! Thanks guys,

-Ricky

EPFD112

Forum Probie
I'm Destin, a 19 year old EMT-B student in NY. Taking my finals now, just passed the first 3 practicals stations, 3 more to go this week, and then I've got the written exam next week.. if all goes well I'll be certified as of 3-15-12.

My short term goal is to volunteer as an EMT with my volunteer fire dept/rescue squad, as well as work as an EMT at six flags (darien lake) this summer. Throughout the summer I'll be applying to local ambulance services as well trying to land a job. Once I get one I plan to move up to at least an intermediate, maybe a medic.

Long term goal is to become a career firefighter, but I've gotta have substantial EMS training to make that happen, and I like the EMS side of things too.

Tons of stuff lined up for this summer as far as classes go.. Firefighter II, FF survival, Fire Officer 1, EVOC, Pump ops, and whatever else I can get into.

Classes I already have:
FF1, Auto EX, Heavy Truck Ex, Water Rescue Awareness, ICS 100, 200, 700.

Outside of emergency services, I'm working on starting a sports photography business, and I'm really into target shooting and anything to do with guns.

AnthonyT

Forum Ride Along
This is a great site....I see its also a great way the medics get there stress out and see what other medics are doing...Well I'm 18 fresh out of High School and dying to get my EMT Certs. I ultimately am looking to be a firefighter...(along with almost every other EMT lol) but ya I start classes in July!!! Can't Wait!!!

CDecilio

Forum Ride Along
Hello!

What's up guys? Just wanted to say hello...

The name is Chris and I just got my EMT-B license in January after being a graphic designer for almost 12 years. Yup, mid-life crisis??? I actually worked in a Chicago ER for almost 9 years, starting in my junior year of HS, until a few years after getting my Bachelors in Design. My mom is a retired ER nurse and my wife will soon be one. Going from job to job as a designer (5 in the last 12), I decided I needed to go back into healthcare for some semblance of job stability. A buddy of mine, who works at the local community college, mentioned their EMT program so I went for it. Considering having to go back to school at my age, getting my EMT-B license (and hopefully later, Medic) seemed like the quickest way for me to get my foot in the door. It was something I should have done a long, long time ago!!! I gotta say I did miss those all those ER stories... now looking forward for new ones!

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

The name is Chris and I just got my EMT-B license in January after being a graphic designer for almost 12 years. Yup, mid-life crisis??? I actually worked in a Chicago ER for almost 9 years, starting in my junior year of HS, until a few years after getting my Bachelors in Design. My mom is a retired ER nurse and my wife will soon be one. Going from job to job as a designer (5 in the last 12), I decided I needed to go back into healthcare for some semblance of job stability. A buddy of mine, who works at the local community college, mentioned their EMT program so I went for it. Considering having to go back to school at my age, getting my EMT-B license (and hopefully later, Medic) seemed like the quickest way for me to get my foot in the door. It was something I should have done a long, long time ago!!! I gotta say I did miss those all those ER stories... now looking forward for new ones!

Howdy.

Steveb

Forum Lieutenant

Good story

100JOULES

Forum Probie
I have been on this forum for two days or so, been reprimanded by admin 3 times, and have had giant :censored::censored::censored::censored:s taken on me in two, TWO separate threads. Instead of pulling the chute, I'll try this.

I'm a FF/EMT-P on the east coast. Been a Medic for 12 of my 21 EMS years. Slaved at the privates for 15 years before going PT.
I am former military (CCATT) and got my EMT-P at UTHSCSA.

Again, if there's no room for me here, I'll GTFO.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Dont let the door hit ya, where evolution split ya..................