The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

tlcmagic

Forum Probie
Oldie but newbie

Good day everyone...

Well, I posted somewhere else so it might be moved...sorry for the double post if that is the case.

I was on here several years ago, but didn't post much. But here I am again!!

I am an EMT-B, however currently not working as one. I am working full time at a surgery center as an Admin to the Director of Nursing.

I am getting married in less than 10 weeks, have 2 kids, and have a helluva future ahead of me. Would love to meet some new friends to chat about life, love, work, and everything in between.

I could be traveling in the future as my dearest is planning to join the Army... but that's a whole 'nother chapter.

Looking forward to meeting each of you.

325Medic

Forum Lieutenant
Greetings all:

Current Paramedic / preceptor in P.A. Former U.S. Army Paratrooper and medic (paramedic qual'd) in N.C. Nice site and I hope to contribute some knowledge. Anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

With regards:
325.:usa:

Rotor Talker

Old EMT-B
Welcome

And Thank You for your service to our country

It's a pretty nice site, lots of good information and exchange

Bob

22cent

Forum Probie
Hello everyone

I have posted a few times and I figure its time to introduce myself. I'm a 33 Y/O M with a wife and a couple of cats, I live in Colorado, close to ski country.
I've been working EMS for about seven years, five as an EMT-B and going on two as a EMT-P. I currently work for a rural fire department which is combined paid/volunteer with the vast majority being volunteer. We run about 600-700 calls a year and our district is about 500 square miles. I also work for a local hospital in the ER as a tech. This forum is great and I appreciate the feed back so far.

Scooter76

Forum Probie
Greetings.
I am from Allen TX (north of Dallas).
Currently a EMT-B and just got done with my paramedic program, so now I have to study and take the NREMT exams for my paramedic certification.

Hope to talk to you all.

S-ems

Forum Ride Along
new to emtlife

Hey everyone, the names jim ^_^ i've been an EMT-B for about a year now i did ride alongs all summer long after i got my license. I currently volunteer at my college as an emt. found out very quickly the college based emt and the regular emt are 2 very different entities lol. i'm an AHA instructor at the BLS level and about to be red cross intructor at the first responder level. I've been involved in or around the field for a long time i've been a lifeguard for 6 years now and i've had the opportunity of making a rescue and needing to resuscitate so that event lead to my taking an emt class and becoming an emt ... i'm excited to get to know some of you and share my experiences. seeya around!

Emma

Forum Lieutenant
Hello all

I'm here to read and learn and think about if I want to get any training in this. I am currently a teacher and several recent hair raising experiences with students on field trips have me firmly convinced that I need some sort of medical training past basic first aid.

I have taught almost everything in high school from A&P to Env Sci, and am now teaching middle school science. In the summers I am one of several teachers for a geology field course where we have kids in the back country.

Thanks in advance for any help!

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Hey everyone, the names jim ^_^ i've been an EMT-B for about a year now i did ride alongs all summer long after i got my license. I currently volunteer at my college as an emt. found out very quickly the college based emt and the regular emt are 2 very different entities lol. i'm an AHA instructor at the BLS level and about to be red cross intructor at the first responder level. I've been involved in or around the field for a long time i've been a lifeguard for 6 years now and i've had the opportunity of making a rescue and needing to resuscitate so that event lead to my taking an emt class and becoming an emt ... i'm excited to get to know some of you and share my experiences. seeya around!

Welcome to the site lol.

By the way I accepted your friend request just so you know! :p

Matman22

Forum Ride Along
Hi!

Hi My name is Matt.
I Live in Brisbane, Australia.
I've been completing Bachelors degree in Paramedicine for the past three years AAAAAND tomorrow is my final assessments to become a fully qualified Advanced Care Paramedic with the Queensland Ambulance Service.
Finding this forum was all part of my procrastination! haha!
I'm so nervous but hopefully 3 years has been well spent!

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi My name is Matt.
I Live in Brisbane, Australia.
I've been completing Bachelors degree in Paramedicine for the past three years AAAAAND tomorrow is my final assessments to become a fully qualified Advanced Care Paramedic with the Queensland Ambulance Service.
Finding this forum was all part of my procrastination! haha!
I'm so nervous but hopefully 3 years has been well spent!

Tell Dr Rashford he looks nice, you will pass!

SayCet

Forum Ride Along
Hello,

My name is JW, I'm from Holland and currently working as a spec. Nurse (Recovery nursing) in Amsterdam.
I'm here to learn more from the EMS system, a system we don't know in Holland.

I've got the ambition to become a EM-P (dutch variant on the EMS-paramedic that is), but I've got a few years to go before I can become one.

I'm here to find out what the 'pro's and con's' are on the EMS system, from the perspective of the people who actually work in it at a daily basis.

I'll start a topic.

kbrodie694

Forum Probie
Hello

I am an EMT Basic currently used to be Intermediate for about 13 years than got a little burnt out and didn't renew my certification so starting over. I want to go to Medic as quickly as I can. I have a loving wife and four kids from age 6 to 13 months.

MEDIC802

Forum Crew Member
Hey yall, my name is Tony, have been in ems for 23 years(yes I am an old fart), work full time as a paramedic for a hospital based service, we are the only ambulance provider in our county and have the regional medical center here, we run ALS ambulances only, usually double medic trucks,therefore we catch all 911 and IFT's, I am also a TEMS medic for SWAT, our service also provides all medical support to the university(BCS National Champs) for all athletic events and concerts, kinda cool to get paid to watch football, baseball, basketball(mens team really bad this year), and in my spare time I work with Basic student in the skills lab at the local junior college,looking foward to many useful discussions ahead. WAR EAGLE

RapelSyrup

Forum Ride Along
68W checking in here. Deployed to A'Stan with the 101st Airborne 08 to 09, currently stationed in San Antonio, 2 years left, looking to move into EMS once I'm out. Trying to get signed up to get my NREMT-P before I get out.

I've also been lucky enough to get signed up for PEPP, PALS, ITLS, and AMLS through the military. I've already taken PHTLS and ACLS.

I'll just be lurking. Lots of good info on here.

LSalander

Forum Crew Member
New EMT-B, looking for work in Orange and/or San Diego counties. Tough market.

Planning on moving to Montana in a year, so greatly appreciate any advice on the EMS system up there.

Nerd13

Forum Lieutenant
Hello everyone! I figured it might be time to actually throw a post in this thread seeing as I've already got a few in other parts of forum. I'm an EMT-Basic and I'm just about to complete my paramedic program. I've had a lot of fun learning about paramedicine and this forum has become an extension of my learning in many ways. I look forward to posting a little more now that I'll have some more free time.