The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
Hello!!

I have lurked around for a bit but I figured it was time to sign up and introduce myself. My name is Shae....I live in Arizona and am currently in school working towards my Medic Degree (Associates) I am fortunate enough to be in one of (from what I hear) the very few schools that offer the EMT-B right into Paramedic programs where I will be finished with my Degree and successfully certified as an NREMT-P...granted I pass National :eek:) I just finished the EMT-B course and I am about to complete the National Skills testing portion and should be taking the NREMT-B early next month *nervous*

I'm open to all tips and suggestions from new and seasoned Medics as I journey into the classes very soon! I figure if I get a head start on things like cardiology and the drugs I won't be so spooked when we reach that point in my classes!!

mizzoukid19

Forum Probie
I have lurked around for a bit but I figured it was time to sign up and introduce myself. My name is Shae....I live in Arizona and am currently in school working towards my Medic Degree (Associates) I am fortunate enough to be in one of (from what I hear) the very few schools that offer the EMT-B right into Paramedic programs where I will be finished with my Degree and successfully certified as an NREMT-P...granted I pass National :eek:) I just finished the EMT-B course and I am about to complete the National Skills testing portion and should be taking the NREMT-B early next month *nervous*

I'm open to all tips and suggestions from new and seasoned Medics as I journey into the classes very soon! I figure if I get a head start on things like cardiology and the drugs I won't be so spooked when we reach that point in my classes!!

Good luck, Shae! How awesome that your program moves right into EMT-P - I'm hoping I can gain a military occupational specialty that does the same.

Welcome to the board :)

rsdaveo

Forum Ride Along
Hows every doing... I have been browsing the forum pretty often lately after stumbling upon it in a search for more information regarding EMS and opportunities within. My name is Dave. I am 26 and from Central CT. I am enrolled in a class for my EMT-B that starts this summer. Looking forward to changing directions in my life as right now I am a manager for a big box retailer.

I am looking to eventually make my way up the ladder from EMT-B to Medic. Had aspirations to join the military, but met resistance from friends that are getting out or are currently in. I was threatened with bodily harm if I even thought about joining any of the services. Mainly because i had my baby girl born March of 09' and my friends don't want her growing up without me (like if something happened to me).

But anyways... Thought I would say hi and hope that I can use some of your knowledge and wisdom as I travel down the path. I am sure I will have some stupid questions sooner or later.. :p

AZnewbieMedic

Forum Probie
Hows every doing... I have been browsing the forum pretty often lately after stumbling upon it in a search for more information regarding EMS and opportunities within. My name is Dave. I am 26 and from Central CT. I am enrolled in a class for my EMT-B that starts this summer. Looking forward to changing directions in my life as right now I am a manager for a big box retailer.

I am looking to eventually make my way up the ladder from EMT-B to Medic. Had aspirations to join the military, but met resistance from friends that are getting out or are currently in. I was threatened with bodily harm if I even thought about joining any of the services. Mainly because i had my baby girl born March of 09' and my friends don't want her growing up without me (like if something happened to me).

But anyways... Thought I would say hi and hope that I can use some of your knowledge and wisdom as I travel down the path. I am sure I will have some stupid questions sooner or later.. :p

Hi Dave! Best of luck to you as you transition into your EMT-B class! No question is dumb as I'm sure most if not all of us have probably thought or asked whatever you may come across! I'm getting ready to take my NREMT and by the time your class begins I will be sweating bullets thru Medic courses :wacko: so hopefully I can be of added assistance on here with questions and/or nerve shattering concerns

mizzoukid19

Forum Probie

I know how your loved ones feel about joining the military. I struggled with my decision to do so, and even lost quite a lot of friends when I finally decided to do it. There are good and bad things about the military, as with anything in life. But it's not for everyone. Luckily we live in a country that offers lots of options for most people.

I was originally signed with the Marines active duty, but then switched to National Guard. The Guard allows me to have a life outside the military, as well as being able to find love, get married and start a family.

Best of luck with your EMT-B courses! You'll find lots of great support here on the site.

sbemt4596

Forum Probie
No question is dumb as I'm sure most if not all of us have probably thought or asked whatever you may come across!

Sorry buddy I can't help myself "There are no dumb questions only inquisitive idiots!" one of my EMT instructor's favorite quotes of all times!

rsdaveo

Forum Ride Along
Thanks everyone..

Really looking forward to starting my class and starting down a different path. Looking forward to being able to get in on some of the Scenarios as well, and understanding what everyone is talking about. hahahahahahaha

Soco_and_Lime

Forum Probie
Introduction

Hey everyone. I've lurked here for a while and figured it was about time I made an account.

I'm kind of big on privacy but I will say that I'm an EMT, payed and volley, in the Northeast US. I'm looking to be a cop soon but since jobs are so tight up here, I've been working EMS for the past few years. Don't get me wrong, I do love it, but law enforcement has kind of been my passion for a long time.

But anyway, hello!

Camryn

Forum Ride Along
Hello. I've already posted a few times, and forgot to introduce myself. Oh, well. Better late than never.

I'm Camryn, not my real name, but it's what you can call me. ;)
I'm a newly certified EMT-B. I live in small town in the currently very cold state of Wisconsin. I'm currently trying to finding a job in EMS. My dream job would be tactical medic, but it doesn't seem to be in my foreseeable future. I am planning to get a degree in CJ and eventually get into law enforcement. I didn't really plan to get into EMS at all, it was just a spontaneous decision, but a very good one! I've been in love with all things medicine since I was a child, but never actually expected to go to school for it, it just sort of happened. :) Anyway, I guess that's enough about me...
I feel like I should end this post with something witty, but I've got nothing. So, uhm...hello again! :rolleyes:

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Hello. I've already posted a few times, and forgot to introduce myself. Oh, well. Better late than never.

I'm Camryn, not my real name, but it's what you can call me. ;)
I'm a newly certified EMT-B. I live in small town in the currently very cold state of Wisconsin. I'm currently trying to finding a job in EMS. My dream job would be tactical medic, but it doesn't seem to be in my foreseeable future. I am planning to get a degree in CJ and eventually get into law enforcement. I didn't really plan to get into EMS at all, it was just a spontaneous decision, but a very good one! I've been in love with all things medicine since I was a child, but never actually expected to go to school for it, it just sort of happened. :) Anyway, I guess that's enough about me...
I feel like I should end this post with something witty, but I've got nothing. So, uhm...hello again! :rolleyes:

It's not cold here. :p

Welcome!

platypus

Forum Probie
new

Hi im new to this forum. I live in Massachusetts, Boston area. I've been an EMT-B for little more than a year now and i love it :)

Blade

Forum Ride Along
Hey all, I'm mike a soon to be 42 yr old medic student who just go his NREMT-B this past October. Not real sure what else to say yet, so howdy

catatonic

Forum Probie
My name is Brian.
Brand spankin' new EMT-B, planning on Intermediate school this summer. Live in the mountains of NC, planning on a relocation to North GA soon. Volly Fire/Rescue on a rural department. Military Police in the Army National Guard for 4 years. Been doin' the Fire thing for a year now. Hope to become a Professional Firefighter and a civilian LEO.

Rotor Talker

Old EMT-B
Good Evening!

Name's Bob

Been an EMT-B for 33 years, January 1978, seems like a while, but still not that long. Worked as a volunteer Firefighter, then on to the late Wishard Memorial Ambulance Service in Indianapolis, IN for the better part of the 1980's ('81-'89), then kinda drifted, was a Stay-At Home Dad for a while, then got back into the work world, doing time at State Emergency Management (before-9/11), drove a snowplow for INDOT, now have been with Lifeline out of Methodist in Indianapolis for just about 6 years.

Did 10 years as a Primary Instructor, still dabble in it some, main focus is surviving work drama so I can go enjoy shooting. Yes, target shooting of all kinds, sorry but that is my passion, been that way for 36 of my 51 years, not gonna change. Also am KB9RDL on Amateur radio, nope not a vanity call, I just got real lucky.

Anyway, glad I found this place, Thank you, need to get my 10 posts for a signature line.

Thanks

Bob

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Name's Bob

Been an EMT-B for 33 years, January 1978, seems like a while, but still not that long. Worked as a volunteer Firefighter, then on to the late Wishard Memorial Ambulance Service in Indianapolis, IN for the better part of the 1980's ('81-'89), then kinda drifted, was a Stay-At Home Dad for a while, then got back into the work world, doing time at State Emergency Management (before-9/11), drove a snowplow for INDOT, now have been with Lifeline out of Methodist in Indianapolis for just about 6 years.

Did 10 years as a Primary Instructor, still dabble in it some, main focus is surviving work drama so I can go enjoy shooting. Yes, target shooting of all kinds, sorry but that is my passion, been that way for 36 of my 51 years, not gonna change. Also am KB9RDL on Amateur radio, nope not a vanity call, I just got real lucky.

Anyway, glad I found this place, Thank you, need to get my 10 posts for a signature line.

Thanks

Bob

Why be sorry for your passion?

Rotor Talker

Old EMT-B
being the new guy and..

In some circles it's frowned upon, trying to be polite civil and PC, least til I get my feet on the ground!

Get a lot of enjoyment from shooting, take a lot of extra steps to be sure I am safe and responsible. Too many goofs like the guy who shot the congresswoman in AZ out there giving us responsible guys a bad name, I just try and watch it at first, trying to get along.

Thanks for the come back

Bob

crashmedic

Forum Ride Along
NREMT- B test next month
Starting Medic at the end of this month.
Firefighter in the AF reserves.
Been doing that for 6 years in April.

ServiceGames

Forum Ride Along
Hi, everyone. My name is Brandt.

• Level of EMS: None. Will be asking several questions on this site before I make a decision as to whether I'm a good candidate for EMS.
  • Current age: 34
  • Approximate age after receiving EMT-B certification: 36
  • Future education plans: Would like to get my EMT-Paramedic certification, but I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for EMS, yet.
  • Current jobs: Full time IT Contractor, and I have started my own iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad development company (Dcypher Development).
  • Current hobbies: Playing video games, Reading comics, Reading manga, Watching anime, Watching TV, Playing guitar, Playing bass (why am I suddenly feeling like Scott Pilgrim?).
SG