The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

James007

Forum Ride Along
Hello all,
My name is James, i live in Nashville Tn, and im a 20 y/o looking to become a EMT and if i can handle that ill go for paramedic.
Ive found some wonderful info on this site, and i look forward to becoming part of the community

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello all,
My name is James, i live in Nashville Tn, and im a 20 y/o looking to become a EMT and if i can handle that ill go for paramedic.
Ive found some wonderful info on this site, and i look forward to becoming part of the community

Welcome aboard! What sparked your interest in EMS?

MissB

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone

I am a 32 year old EMT student(I just started March 10th, so I'm EXTRA green)
I am also an aspiring Doula. I have a huge interest with anything medical, but my passion lies with women's reproductive health.
Currently I am working as an office Manager and Trainer for a NP Youth Organization. I've been with this org since I was 15 years old!
My hobbies are knitting, reading and Videogames (xbox,PS3)
...and I'm a documentary junkie!

I am happy to have finally found the right life path for me:)

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hello everyone

I am a 32 year old EMT student(I just started March 10th, so I'm EXTRA green)
I am also an aspiring Doula. I have a huge interest with anything medical, but my passion lies with women's reproductive health.
Currently I am working as an office Manager and Trainer for a NP Youth Organization. I've been with this org since I was 15 years old!
My hobbies are knitting, reading and Videogames (xbox,PS3)
...and I'm a documentary junkie!

I am happy to have finally found the right life path for me:)

Welcome! If you ever need any advice or help. Feel free to ask. This is a great site. Ive learned lots!

pullnshoot25

Forum Crew Member
Hey all! 24yr old EMT student here out of San Diego, CA but shall soon be am EMT as my final tests are coming up in 2 weeks!

I am currently a shuttle driver for a restaurant here in SD and my goal is to become an RN, eventually at the Masters level. I have all but one class completed for a Human Biology degree at UCSD but I am leaving it unfinished for now so I don't have raised tuition rates or reduced access to financial aid for my nursing degree.

My hobbies are primarily centered around firearms though I am becoming more interested in gardening and a few other practical skills.

That's all I have for now. I look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum!

Zodiac

Forum Crew Member

Hello! I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to make an account. I am 22 years old and officially became an EMT-IV roughly one year ago (and have yet to find a job, which I hear isn't too terribly uncommon.) I'm also a full-time university student majoring in nursing/undecided.

rfd521

Forum Ride Along
Hello!!! I am an EMT-B at present, in my second semester of medic school. I work full-time for Russellville Fire and part-time for NorthStar ambulance. My wife and I live here in Alabama (I drove 2 hours a while from Mississippi). I am 22 and have been an EMT-B since February 2008. I hope I can help some and be helped by those wiser than myself.... :rolleyes:

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Hey, my name is Chase and i am 20 from Saint Louis, Mo. I am currently in Columbia, Mo where i spent my first two years of college in Pre-nursing at Mizzou and am currently in an EMT class through University of Missouri Health Care. I will be moving back to St. Louis in May when my EMT class is over to start nursing school at BJC. Hopefully i can get an ER Tech job while in school and work towards becoming a flight nurse one day. But either way i know i will be spending a lot of time in the ED/ICU for the next few years.

EMSDan

Forum Probie
Hello everyone! My name is Danny, I'm 24, I live in Orlando and I've been in EMT school for a month now, and I have my first ambulance clinical tomorrow night. Glad to be here...

pn1019

Forum Ride Along
Hello all! Everytime I have a question about EMS it seems google leads me here. Finally figured I should probably stop being a lurker and just join. I have my EMT-B, fresh out of school, and looking for a job. Got lots of questions I'm sure you're all just dying to answer! haha. Looking forward to absorbing all the info I can. =]

ishnemt

Forum Ride Along
ishnemt

hi my name is ish. im from Zimbabwe and im an emt-i and have been for about 10yrs.just did my ACLS last year and wanting to go further in ems but thats not an option in Zimbabwe so i want to broaden my horizons and look further afield. ^_^ . i have tried other ems sites but none of them seem to have what i'm looking for and there isn't enough interaction.

mammikoura

Forum Ride Along
Hi!

Currently serving in the army (not the US one though) and looking into becoming a combat medic. I was supposed to leave for medics training a few weeks ago but it has to wait due to a deployment. Then again, I am deploying as a driver for the medical response unit so it's going to be an invaluable experience, gives me a good view of the life of a medic on operations.

I've been reading these forums for a few days now and there is a lot of great info here. It's also nice to see that there are quite a few ex/current/future soldiers here. Looking forward to getting to know all of you guys.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hello all! Everytime I have a question about EMS it seems google leads me here. Finally figured I should probably stop being a lurker and just join. I have my EMT-B, fresh out of school, and looking for a job. Got lots of questions I'm sure you're all just dying to answer! haha. Looking forward to absorbing all the info I can. =]

Haha you sound exactly like me. And that's the same reason I joined.

Welcome! This is a great site and feel free to ask away.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Welcome!

rfd521
ChaseZ33
EMSDan
pn1019
ishnemt
mammikoura

Happy to have you aboard, and even happier to see we're getting a lot more members from other parts of the Globe!

btkspot89

Forum Probie
Hey Guys,
I have been lurking around this site for a while and finally decided to post for the first time. I have been an EMT-B in Northern New Jersey for 5 years now and I am both a volunteer for my local squad and a paid one as well. Glad I finally decided to post.
Btkspot

okse54

Forum Ride Along
just wanted to say hi

been an emt for about 4 years, currently in the middle of a paramedic course. just recently stumbled across the forum.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
just wanted to say hi

been an emt for about 4 years, currently in the middle of a paramedic course. just recently stumbled across the forum.

Welcome to your new favorite addiction.

Seriously though, search through the forums, ask questions, and get to know people.

Rip Shears

Forum Probie
Hmmm, seemed to have missed this thread when I first signed up. So, allow myself to introduce...myself. Yeah.

Joined the Navy in '96 and went through Paramedic training in '98. Still active duty. Started doing medical R&D in '03 and began development of the Rip Shears nearly four years ago as a side project. Found this forum with a Google search. Looking to contribute wherever I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spencer_Oliveira

Hey, EMT's, Paramedics, EMT-B's, so on.

So, I'm Spencer... I thought I'd introduce myself to this forum community.

I just have one question - Do you have to be an E.M.T, E.M.T-B, Paramedic, Fire-Fighter, Etc to be allowed here? And if don't 'have' to be - Here we go.

I'm 12, not a EMT yet, obviously - but I hope to be when I turn 18, or so.
So, I know CPR, and how to control an A.E.D., some A.L.S. drugs, Cardiac Dysrhythmia, Emergency Medical Tools(Backboards, IVs, Syringes, BVM, So on!) Just now learning Trauma Assessment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: I saw the "No Medical Advice" rule, but would be giving tips on what I should learn for future reference considered that? PM me the answer if you can, thanks...