The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

Dave 52-4

Forum Ride Along
Howdy

My name is Dave, live in Iowa.

Have been in EMS for 18 years and wouldn't change a thing. Neat site you have here.

looking forward to gaining much insight....

Thanks.

llavero

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone. My name is Carlos but everyone knows me as "llavero" (keyholder). I am 38 years old, I live in A Corunna (Spain). I work TES (Técnico Emergencias Sanitarias) like an EMT-B. I am volunteer of Red Cross and Civil Defense. My future plans are study for EMT-B and work in USA, with my actual studies I can not work in USA. So, I am very glad to stay here and I hope to learn very much with you. Thanks for accept me.

Oh! I forget it. I speak Spanish but I am trying to improve my english, so it is normal that sometimes I can not explain very well all that I want to say. Excuse me for my english. :lol:

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
Hey all, just saw this thread.

I've been in EMS for 7 years, worked my way up as an EMT-B, then -I, and now -P. I'm also a volunteer FF for my local dept.

Other than that, not much to say. ;)

Minnesota

Forum Ride Along
Introduction

Hello,

Guess I should introduce myself!

I'm "Minnesota," I'm in my early 30s and was a cop for a few years but currently I am not working in law enforcement. Just got my notification today that I passed all the National Registry tests for EMT-B. I just joined this website tonight, and will be checking it out.

Will be looking into local EMT work after the first of the year. As my name suggests, I live in Minnesota.

Canas

Forum Ride Along
Hey new guy incoming.

Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm Chris and I am going back to school in January 2011 to hopefully become an EMT-B. It's something I've always been drawn too but never got a chance to sink my teeth into it. I look forward to getting to know you all. I'm going to have a million questions so I hope you won't mind me picking your brains. Peace, Love, and Happiness.

Asimurk

Forum Captain
Hey everybody, just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm Chris and I am going back to school in January 2011 to hopefully become an EMT-B. It's something I've always been drawn too but never got a chance to sink my teeth into it. I look forward to getting to know you all. I'm going to have a million questions so I hope you won't mind me picking your brains. Peace, Love, and Happiness.

Sounds like we're about in the same boat. Which state are you from, from the US or elsewhere?

Someone

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys,
I'm Scott, and I'm hoping to volunteer with my local Rescue Squad in this coming year. Hope to learns lots and help out where I can

Toyogirl

Forum Ride Along
Found this sight in one of my seemingly endless searches for info on what to do now that I passed the NREMT.
I just graduated with a BS in Kinesiology, and finished my EMT-B cert. Nursing is where I'd eventually like to end up... you know when I'm old and need a slower paced job. But for now I'm a fresh 24 year old excited to get on a rig and run some calls :lol:
Look forward to gettin to know y'all

Tanker299

Forum Probie
New Jersey, US

Hi folks, new EMT-B here. Took test 12/16/2010. Results published last week.
I ride with a volunteer squad exclusively.
Mid 40's, never done anything remotely close to EMT, ex-Army from many moons ago, Infantry, nothing fancy :glare:

Nice to meet you all!

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Found this site in Tapatalk. In EMS for 9ish years, paramedic for 7ish. Currently a field supervisor and critical care medic for the Borg in Texas.

Wild_Weasel

Forum Crew Member
Hello everybody, my name is George, and I’m a recovering wacker. I’m a civilian contractor in Afghanistan, who after the second or what it the third rocket attack decided it was time to get recertified as an EMT-B. I took an EMT-B course in country and am just waiting for next home leave to test for NREMT-B.

Cheers,
W-W

DogPoundMedic

Forum Probie
Info

Hi everyone, just the new guy here introducing myself...

-10 years total EMS expericne
-8 on a busy parttime/volunteer FD
-did my time in the not so glorious private ambulance work
-Trauma center, free standing ER, and a super busy community ER where the patient was always right, (was like a resaurant)
-Now am a Medic with a rural law enforcement agency

Thanks

Azarias

Forum Probie
Hey everybody,
I'm from NJ (no fist pumping please) and pretty new to the EMS world. I'm 32 and back in school to become a RT, first; then hopefully on to either med school or PA. This semester I am taking an EMT-B course, getting my BLS in 2 weeks and hopefully starting to ride a volunteer squad for some experience-I have an interview with them this morning.
Hope to learn a lot here...nice to meet everyone!
-Az B)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Welcome to all of our newbies! :) hope yall enjoy the forum. Stay around a while.

mizzoukid19

Forum Probie
Hey everyone,
I'm Kourtney, 24, black male, will hopefully finish up National Guard processing this week and be on track to ship to BCT in a month, maybe sooner.

I'll be 68W unless something changes, which I don't think it will. I'm still pretty new to all this, so I don't know what kind of specialty I'll have. I do know for sure that I want to pursue EMT-P certification so I can hopefully become a Fire Medic here in Georgia.

Umm, I like reading, writing poetry, philosophy, politics, sports, all that jazz.

Hope to learn a lot here, please feel free to give me any info you think will be helpful!

Thanks,
mizzoukid19