The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

be_THE_B

Forum Ride Along
Hahaha
Welcome Auntie :)

Get the whole family on here why don't we!

mcrs41

Forum Probie
Hello, I hope we can all help each other

Hi, I have been an EMT-B for about 4 years and will probably be taking enhanced classes soon. I am responsible for the supplies for our squad so may have a lot of questions along those lines. Our volunteer squad was established in 1963 and are now assisted by a county run EMS organization for medic level coverage. The give and take between these two agencies will also be an area that I will be looking for suggestions and advice.

Last edited by a moderator:

emtgirl515

Forum Probie
Hey everybody!
I'm Jess, I get on here alot and read the recent posts & search things but haven't said much ;) Been an EMT-Basic since May, can't get hired easily due to being 19, lol.
I'm starting A & P for my Paramedic program January 26; actual Paramedic class starts in July it's around 18 mos. long so I'll definitely be 21 by then. Um, I have an ER tech interview Tuesday so hopefully I'll write back with good news. I think this website is a great resource!

keco

Forum Ride Along
Hi all,

I'm a new member inasmuch as I just registered but I've been lurking for awhile now. I've gotten some very valuable information from reading the boards & am very happy that I found it. I've been an EMT-B in the state of KS for 15 months and was a FR for nearly a year before that. I work in a very rural area that doesn't have a very high call volume so I'm trying to absorb as much as I can from outlets such as this. Not the same as field experience, to be sure, but what can ya do?

RESQ_5_1

Forum Lieutenant
I'm Brian.

Been on here a while. Started in EMS in my native California as an EMT-B with AMR in the San Gabriel valley in Mar of 2000. Moved to Canada in Aug of the same year.

I'll be 42 in March and work as an EMT-A in Fairview, Alberta, Canada.

I have been looking into some plans to become a Paramedic and preventing myself from becoming homeless and broke during school.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I'm back baby. Long nights and months of class but I'm back and tired as ever. see you guys in the forums.

tyler500e

Forum Probie
hey guys (and gals),

My name is Tyler, I am 23 years old and an EMT student. I currently work for Garmin International in Kansas, and hope to become a Paramedic in the next few years. I will be applying to paramedic school this upcoming summer/fall for the 2010 school year.

Wee-EMT

Forum Lieutenant
Hello folks

My name is Angela and i'm a EMT-A student who works as a lifeguard with The City of Calgary. (I know, we all hate lifeguards!) I plan on working as a EMT for a year or so, and then go back an get my Paramedic. I got engaged about two months ago and plan on having the wedding a couple months before I go back.

Sieldan

Forum Crew Member
Guess Ill post up, too.

Hi, the name here is Daniel. I also answer to KE5GDK. :) Have always been interested in helping folks, so when I lost my job back in October, I decided to go back to school and become an EMT. Ill admit, I am also somewhat of an adrenalin junkie. Also, I am an active member of the local amateur radio club, the Emergency Coordinator for my county, and the manager and a controller for the regional Skywarn radio net. So becoming and EMT seems to fit me. Lets hope that's so.

MJ1959

Forum Ride Along
Saying Hi everyone

My name is MJ,

I am also new to the EMS world as well. I just took my state boards in NYC and awaiting my test results. This is a great site, I have to agree. Everyone seems very user friendly and very informative. I hope to learn a lot as well from reading and asking questions to all of you.

Thanks guys

Stay safe , be well to all.

MJ

Hannah.911

Forum Probie
Introductions

I'm Hannah. 20 next week. EMT-I of Georgia as of a few weeks ago. I'm married and we have a golden retriever, her name is Epinephrine. I'm currently searching for a job....have a couple interviews lined up. I'm ready to make EMS a career and I'm looking forward to getting experience and becoming a paramedic in the future.

Tony

Forum Ride Along
First, welcome to EMTLife!

Reply to this thread with a brief introduction so that we can learn a little about you. We hope you stick around for a while and contribute to our community.

Thanks!
Hi guys. I,ve been a volunteer firefighter for years in california ,but just got my NREMT-b.
I,m one of the older guys,but never too old to learn something new. Hope to get a position in EMS shortly. Keep up the good work and be safe.
Tony

RSQRYDER

Forum Ride Along
well it would appear this is the place for the probies to start.

hi, im the new guy. my given name is mark but i'll answer to just about anything including pookie(long story there).

im new to this whole interent forum business but i'll do my best to contribute something useful.

medic417

The Truth Provider
well it would appear this is the place for the probies to start.

hi, im the new guy. my given name is mark but i'll answer to just about anything including pookie(long story there).

im new to this whole interent forum business but i'll do my best to contribute something useful.

If you post something usefull you will never fit in.:rolleyes: Welcome

medic417

The Truth Provider
Yes, I'm afraid we do. :blush: We're getting her a friend next year. His name will be Nitro.

I recall a discussion about pet names on another forum and several mentioned using the same names. They also listed some others like defib and lido.

Hannah.911

Forum Probie
I recall a discussion about pet names on another forum and several mentioned using the same names. They also listed some others like defib and lido.

That's too bad. I was dearly hoping that I was somewhat original. <_<

medic417

The Truth Provider

Hannah.911

Forum Probie
"Whacker" googled comes up with this definition:

n.

1. One who whacks. [Colloq.]

:lol: What's a whacker tradition?