The Official EMTLIFE Introduction Thread

1emtchic

Forum Ride Along
Hi! I am an emt-b in mobile alabama. I am not a practicing emt. I currently work in an ER as a PCT while I am going through paramedic school. Looking forward to getting on a bus. I will probably go back to school and bridge from nursing to paramedic after I get some experience under my belt.

tcripp

Forum Probie
New kid on the block...

Hi everyone. The name is Toni and I've been a first responder for 5 years now...and am just about to complete the paramedic program in Austin, Texas. I should also add that this is a midlife career change for me.

Looking forward to learning what I can from others...and getting engaged is some good conversations.

Aiden

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, my name is nick, Im an 18 year old guy who is actually just starting emt classes today. Im excited, its a bit weird considering my whole life I wanted to be a cop but thats okay. I look forward to getting to know you guys. ^_^

wvditchdoc

Forum Crew Member
How goes it?

Hey everyone, Marc here. 17 years as a Paramedic, done Vollies to Privates and everything in between. Currently in Northern Iraq as an Area Medical Supervisor.

Marc B)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Welcome to all the new people! WVditchdoc, how is it overseas? Once I get my p-card and spend some 911 time as a medic, I would love to go work out there.

wvditchdoc

Forum Crew Member
Welcome to all the new people! WVditchdoc, how is it overseas? Once I get my p-card and spend some 911 time as a medic, I would love to go work out there.

Right now it is hot, dusty, and occasionally very noisy. In a month or two it'll be cold, muddy (think Vaseline and modeling clay), and still occasionally very noisy. :)

In all seriousness, I have had an awesome experience here and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Skie

Forum Ride Along
Hello everyone, my name is Drey and I'm 19 and plan on attending EMT school in the spring. I decided on EMS as a career in my junior year of high school but due to a long list of events I have had to put it off until now(mostly due to my financial situation, I live on my own). I have always tended to put others before myself and made it a point to help anyone in anyway I can at any time. This coupled with the fact that have a huge interest in the human body and things that affect it and wanted to do something interesting that involded that I decided on EMS. I'm currently a Radiographer's Assistant(industrial)/Domino's delivery driver on the side so I'm pretty used to long odd hours(being on call 24/7)and putting in hard work with little sleep yet still having to focus due to my work being delicate. Anyway sorry for the long intro, can't wait to join you guys in EMS community officialy next year! ^_^

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Hello everyone, my name is Drey and I'm 19 and plan on attending EMT school in the spring. I decided on EMS as a career in my junior year of high school but due to a long list of events I have had to put it off until now(mostly due to my financial situation, I live on my own). I have always tended to put others before myself and made it a point to help anyone in anyway I can at any time. This coupled with the fact that have a huge interest in the human body and things that affect it and wanted to do something interesting that involded that I decided on EMS. I'm currently a Radiographer's Assistant(industrial)/Domino's delivery driver on the side so I'm pretty used to long odd hours(being on call 24/7)and putting in hard work with little sleep yet still having to focus due to my work being delicate. Anyway sorry for the long intro, can't wait to join you guys in EMS community officialy next year! ^_^

Hey you're my age! No way :p

On a more serious note, welcome to the site!

claire

Forum Ride Along
Hi I'm Claire, 17 just completely my EMT course over the summer and waiting for the results of the state test. I live in New Jersey and ride for an extremely small town. I'm really new and terribly afraid to go on my first call, but I'm also really ready. Hope I can meet a lot of new people and learn a lot as well :) I don't have much experience at all with any of this really - I'm not a policewoman, firefighter, etc etc. But I am very familiar with helping people and doing volunteer work. I especially work with the homeless and of course do everything I can to help anyone around me - even in the smallest way. I'm a senior in high school, but plan to be an EMT throughout college and the rest of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi I'm Claire, 17 just completely my EMT course over the summer and waiting for the results of the state test. I live in New Jersey and ride for an extremely small town. I'm really new and terribly afraid to go on my first call, but I'm also really ready. Hope I can meet a lot of new people and learn a lot as well :) I don't have much experience at all with any of this really - I'm not a policewoman, firefighter, etc etc. But I am very familiar with helping people and doing volunteer work. I especially work with the homeless and of course do everything I can to help anyone around me - even in the smallest way. I'm a senior in high school, but plan to be an EMT throughout college and the rest of my life.

A 17 year old EMT from NJ? Hold on, I have someone to hook you up with... LOL

http://www.emtlife.com/member.php?u=2240

Claire, meet Engine.... Engine, this is Claire... LOL ^_^

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Welcome welcome. Glad to have new faces coming through.

NJN

The Young One

Welcome to the site, its nice to have more people from Jersey on the site. Take a look around, ask some questions you might just learn something.

ggpjon

Forum Ride Along
whats up ladies/fellas my name is Jon. Just turned 21, currently reside in San Diego(Anyone in socal or SD feel free to give me a shout!!), EMT-B, public admin. major, and an aspiring firemedic.

I'm really looking forward to being part of the forums and learning more about the emtlife!

PS. CHARGERS. Superbowl. kthxbye. ^_^

Gen09

Forum Ride Along
Student

I started my EMT-B class about two weeks after graduating high school in June and I love it. I just like knowing what to do in case something happens - whether it be a small cut or a significant MOI; I want to be there and treat it. I'm really happy and excited because I've never loved something soo much. Learning and training keeps me going. I don't have any qualifications, I'm just a student. I ride with my local FD along with doing EMS clinicals of course, which I love doing both. As geeky as this may sound, I keep my scanner on just about all the time. I like listening to different scenarios and how EMS treats them. Also, I just like knowing what's going on in my town. I bring 'the curse' with me most days when I'm with the FD, seeing as we will get no calls in an 8-9 hour period when I'm there. Ha. But anyways... this is me. =) I joined just to read about different peoples aspects and experiences and so far I'm really enjoying it. So thanks =D

Delando

Forum Probie
Hi, name's David,
Just got certified in Aug, I live in St. Louis MO. Still waiting on that state licence. Doing some job hunting right now. Happy to be here!
^ _ ^

Delando

Forum Probie
Right now it is hot, dusty, and occasionally very noisy. In a month or two it'll be cold, muddy (think Vaseline and modeling clay), and still occasionally very noisy. :)

In all seriousness, I have had an awesome experience here and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Hey, Wvditchdoc, I'm EMT B, brand new. I saw these ads on NREMT for work in Afgan, Iraq, kuwait. It's for civies, but is it relatively safe there? cause i think i'm seriously considering it.

..ah shot, my bad for double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMT Fan15

Forum Crew Member
Hai, I'm new to EMtLife.com, and am NOT into any EMS programs..yet.

Hello, I'm Cynthia, I am 15, and I have a few friends who are either EMS's, Fire Fighter's, or EMT's/Paramedics. I talked to a few of them, about their job, and they told me its a fun field. I'm a freshman in Highschool, and I'm enrolling into a Club, called "Sports Medicine", inquiring to grab students who want to attend into a Medical Health career. For me, I want to be an EMT, not only because I like to help people, but aswell, for my own safety. I'm a very accident prone teen age girl. I was wondering if you had any tips or heads up on the field. Also, is there a place where we could ask for advice on a pulled muscle or any other injury? Much appriciated, thank you.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Hello, I'm Cynthia, I am 15, and I have a few friends who are either EMS's, Fire Fighter's, or EMT's/Paramedics. I talked to a few of them, about their job, and they told me its a fun field. I'm a freshman in Highschool, and I'm enrolling into a Club, called "Sports Medicine", inquiring to grab students who want to attend into a Medical Health career. For me, I want to be an EMT, not only because I like to help people, but aswell, for my own safety. I'm a very accident prone teen age girl. I was wondering if you had any tips or heads up on the field. Also, is there a place where we could ask for advice on a pulled muscle or any other injury? Much appriciated, thank you.
I commend you for starting into this process early. You have a LOT of time to consider what you want as a career. The Sports Medicine Club will likely expose you to one specialized aspect of medicine, some of which will be applicable on the street.

As to advice about musculoskeletal sports injuries, search for sports medicine forums, not this one. While this forum has people that do weight training and the like, there are a very, very few people here that are even close to competent to answer, or even properly evaluate, those kinds of injuries, and be able to suggest ways to properly rehab from those kinds of injuries. Sports Medicine is too specialized for EMS.

EMT Fan15

Forum Crew Member
I commend you for starting into this process early. You have a LOT of time to consider what you want as a career. The Sports Medicine Club will likely expose you to one specialized aspect of medicine, some of which will be applicable on the street.

As to advice about musculoskeletal sports injuries, search for sports medicine forums, not this one. While this forum has people that do weight training and the like, there are a very, very few people here that are even close to competent to answer, or even properly evaluate, those kinds of injuries, and be able to suggest ways to properly rehab from those kinds of injuries. Sports Medicine is too specialized for EMS.

Okay, thank you. I think the reason I'm choosing this is because then I'll learn how to medicate myself, since myself, hates going to hospitals. Lol. And of course, to help people. I get excited being at the scene of something huge, don't know why.

eman00

Forum Crew Member
Hello!

I will soon be 24 years old and have been working as an EMT-B for four years, but have been certified for 5 years. I've always worked for private companies running the typical IFT calls because it pays more than working for a 911 company, although I would like to work for a 911 company someday. I'm also a full time student studying for a BA in History and in my free time I do enjoy traveling to new places.