The Gun Thread

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
G43 and Sig P320 are my daily carry guns. Love the Glock, just get the 43X so you get that extra length. I can't stand my hand not fitting fully on my guns.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
So I picked up the Sig P365 this morning…..brought it home and put about 150 rounds through it in the backyard. Certainly can't say it shoots better than my Glock or Beretta, but for the size, this thing is SWEET! 12+1 rounds in a pistol this small is amazing. The trigger is very good. The factory night sights are excellent. It handles really well with both Winchester 124gr target ammo and Hornady Critical Defense 115gr; not too snappy at all.

I also picked up a CYA IWB holster and it fits this gun perfectly. Rides nice and low in my waistband and between that and the lighter weight and smaller overall size of the pistol, it is a much more comfortable carry package than my G26 and Alien Gear ShapeShift holster. Just what I was looking for.

Last edited:

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
So I picked up the Sig P365 this morning…..brought it home and put about 150 rounds through it in the backyard. Certainly can't say it shoots better than my Glock or Beretta, but for the size, this thing is SWEET! 12+1 rounds in a pistol this size is amazing. The trigger is very good. The factory night sights are excellent. It handles really well with both Winchester 124gr target ammo and Hornady Critical Defense 115gr; not too snappy at tall.

I also picked up a CYA IWB holster and it fits this gun perfectly. Rides nice and low in my waistband and between that and the lighter weight and smaller overall size of the pistol, it is a much more comfortable carry package than my G26 and Alien Gear ShapeShift holster. Just what I was looking for.

That didn't take long! lol, I seem to remember "I like my G26, so the Sig is actually not high on my wish list of guns, but it’s on there, for sure." Congrats on the purchase.

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
That didn't take long! lol, I seem to remember "I like my G26, so the Sig is actually not high on my wish list of guns, but it’s on there, for sure." Congrats on the purchase.
Well, I watched a bunch of YouTube reviews and became more and more convinced that it was what I wanted for my daily carry, plus I found a pretty good deal on one locally. The compromise I made with my wife was that this would be the last new gun for a while, lol.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Just don’t give us all tickets like you did last time
Tickets = paperwork....
Ban hammer means no paperwork.

Guess which one I'll choose.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Watching all the Dirty Harry movies makes me want to impulse buy a S&W model 29.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
So I picked up the Sig P365 this morning…..brought it home and put about 150 rounds through it in the backyard. Certainly can't say it shoots better than my Glock or Beretta, but for the size, this thing is SWEET! 12+1 rounds in a pistol this small is amazing. The trigger is very good. The factory night sights are excellent. It handles really well with both Winchester 124gr target ammo and Hornady Critical Defense 115gr; not too snappy at all.

Is it noticeably thinner than a glock 26?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The benefits of a girlfriend who owns her own gun store and has a brother who is former SEAL. My Christmas present was a Scorpion EVO 3 with a few extras and mods already done.

And for my birthday she's making me a 10mm AR pistol.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The benefits of a girlfriend who owns her own gun store and has a brother who is former SEAL. My Christmas present was a Scorpion EVO 3 with a few extras and mods already done.

And for my birthday she's making me a 10mm AR pistol.

Your girlfriend have a sister?

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Is it noticeably thinner than a glock 26?
Per the specs, the Sig P365 is only 0.18 inches thinner than the G26 and only 1.75 ounces lighter.

However, to me the Sig feels about half the size and weight of the Glock. And while bigger guns almost always shoot better than smaller ones, the Sig is not hard to grip, and not nearly as snappy feeling as you’d expect.

FiremanMike

Just a dude
I tried to transition from glock to M&P several years ago.. I really love how the M&P feels in my hand, but I could never get my accuracy where I wanted when shooting at tempo.. I gave it about 1000 rounds and went back to glock..

I do like how the P320 feels, never shot one though.. I assume the 365 feels similar..

OP
OP
Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I tried to transition from glock to M&P several years ago.. I really love how the M&P feels in my hand, but I could never get my accuracy where I wanted when shooting at tempo.. I gave it about 1000 rounds and went back to glock..

I do like how the P320 feels, never shot one though.. I assume the 365 feels similar..
This P365 is the only Sig I’ve ever shot. I like Glocks a lot and plan to eventually own at least one more (a G20) , but I am one of those people who is not a fan of the grip angle because it just doesn’t feel natural to me. It definitely takes more time to line up a good sight picture with the stock grip, though with my G26 the large backstrap helped with that some.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Your girlfriend have a sister?
Nope....just brothers that include a Marine Recon Scout-Sniper, a Navy SEAL and an Army Ranger.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
There's just something about wood and steel in your hand a Glock can't replicate.
My daily carries are Glock 23 or 27 or a 1911A-1. I know what you mean... Years ago (early 90's) I shot a 1st gen Glock 17 and found that while I could shoot it quite well and it was very reasonably accurate, I could also feel the frame flex under recoil. I wouldn't say the feeling was disconcerting but it was a bit odd for sure!

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay. New gun day. Forgot to order a 20moa scope base and the local shop only carries 0 moa. Thanks to amazon prime Ill get a scope mounted sunday.
20200110_094318.jpg

Last edited: