the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I'm such a professional roughhouser that I can absentmindedly mount a effective defense against three young niblings while I focus on the plot of a new Bluey episode.

It does help that preschoolers are amateurs at absolutely everything.
"Youth and exuberance are no match for old age and treachery."

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
There we were, just driving. And then suddenly we sound like an over-tuned dump truck—turns out our exhaust and muffler just fell out during a rain storm. We’re already in a reserve engine and the more reserve engine has zero equipment and half the seatbelts don’t work. So we’re rolling around deaf even with headsets on.

I am expediting my transfer back to ambulance, which might be a first in department history 😆.
AEA807FA-9DA0-4A8C-9A67-DDB268F47B29.jpeg

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Our Reserve Engines already have minimal equipment, just the ground ladders and hard suction hose and that's about it. When ever they go in (or back out of) service, we have to bring just about everything over. Including the entire hose bed...

And of course they have juuuussssttt enough assigned equipment to the Reserves, that it's close enough to assume 100% of our gear from the frontline, but just enough that they habitually lose bits of assigned stuff on the relief trucks that it's actually slightly more of a headache keeping track of their inventory than if they simply didn't have any lol

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Our Reserve Engines already have minimal equipment, just the ground ladders and hard suction hose and that's about it. When ever they go in (or back out of) service, we have to bring just about everything over. Including the entire hose bed...

And of course they have juuuussssttt enough assigned equipment to the Reserves, that it's close enough to assume 100% of our gear from the frontline, but just enough that they habitually lose bits of assigned stuff on the relief trucks that it's actually slightly more of a headache keeping track of their inventory than if they simply didn't have any lol
I hated swapping out Engines,

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I hated swapping out Engines,
Yeah it's typically a 3-4 hour process, minimum here. Often they pull another company out of service to help out with the changeover (if nothing else for the unloading, and reloading a couple thousand feet of 4" and 2.5" hose...)
It's actually easier for them, when an Engine has a relatively minor maintenance issue, that'll pull it out of service for a few hours/half a day, to just pull that company out of service and let the mechanics do whatever, than it is to try and do a changeover unless the truck is going to be out for days...

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah it's typically a 3-4 hour process, minimum here. Often they pull another company out of service to help out with the changeover (if nothing else for the unloading, and reloading a couple thousand feet of 4" and 2.5" hose...)
It's actually easier for them, when an Engine has a relatively minor maintenance issue, that'll pull it out of service for a few hours/half a day, to just pull that company out of service and let the mechanics do whatever, than it is to try and do a changeover unless the truck is going to be out for days...
Ever connect and charge the hose bed by accident…not that I’ve EVER done that…:p;);)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Ever connect and charge the hose bed by accident…not that I’ve EVER done that…:p;);)
No, but I have pulled an entire unneeded 100' section of 4" out of the bed because I thought we needed it (but they connected the supply line while I was still pulling extra hose unnecessarily)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I got an email this morning from my rental management company... Basically saying they issued me a "45 Day Notice to Vacate due to circumstances outside their control".

I called them up, and supposedly, the owner (who is reportedly "a really nice lady") wants to either move in themselves, or move someone else in? Like What the actual f%@$??!

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just start squatting!

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
So I got an email this morning from my rental management company... Basically saying they issued me a "45 Day Notice to Vacate due to circumstances outside their control".

I called them up, and supposedly, the owner (who is reportedly "a really nice lady") wants to either move in themselves, or move someone else in? Like What the actual f%@$??!

Do you have more time than that left on your lease?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

Bummer. I know that feeling.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Which doubly sucks because a precursory glance at apartment listings shows absolutely nothing available with the same amenities (in unit washer/dryer, pet friendly, covered parking)(and the washer/dryer is explicitly why I choose this apt originally over another nice option that was slightly cheaper, with better views, but communal coin op laundry..) that's not either half my current units size, and/or an extra $500/month (I'm currently paying $1500/month, and that's already tight on my budget, it's fine with an overtime shift ea. month, but for all the other options, I'd have to work two a month just to break even...)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
In any case, and Idk if this is "worst timing" or "best timing", I'm off to the airport for a two week trip back to LA today too

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
oneliner for y'all
nephronecromancy: dialysis centers hate this one weird trick

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

That sucks. Nice thing about being a homeowner is unless I stop paying my mortgage, nobody can vacate me to move in themselves.