the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I just got headhunted for an absolutely awesome job. As an educator and ops guy, it's really my dream job.

"I've been following your page, I've seen you speak at a couple of conferences, and everyone I talk to says you're the guy I need for this job."

Apparently, doing all that brand building DOES pay off. :)

Now, to convince the wife that we need to move... fingers crossed.
I actually just had a similar thing happen to me. Going from field to management. Good luck with the possible move! Look forward to hearing about it more if things work out.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hmm, not sure a recorded 25 minute powerpoint with voiceover is sufficient training to roll out TXA and Ancef, but what do I know.

Our medical director's physician group limits our MD to 2 hours per quarter. So everything gets farmed out to hospital "paramedic educators" that have an instructor certification and that's about it. Disappointing that our internal EMS Division thinks this is acceptable. Time to circle back to an internal education team.

PotatoMedic

Smoked a beef brisket. Turned out really good for not knowing what I was doing

PotatoMedic

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Homemade bread is really where it is at

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Had my first day in management.
Front line? Full-time pencil pushing? Both?

I spent nearly 7 years as a frontline supervisor and gained a lot of insight into the world of management, specifically middle management. Lots of luck to you.

PotatoMedic

Both. But mostly pencil. I'll cover open shifts if there is no coverage or we can't afford the ot. Or if I want to and no one else has. Or if I get bored in the office I'll hop on the truck.