the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Just got the "authorization to test" letter from NREMT. Wonder if I should study for it or just take it right away. inb4 I fail it. That would be embarrassing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just got the "authorization to test" letter from NREMT. Wonder if I should study for it or just take it right away. inb4 I fail it. That would be embarrassing.
Whatever you decide to do you must post back on the forum on how many questions it cut you off at and if we think you passed or not

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Whatever you decide to do you must post back on the forum on how many questions it cut you off at and if we think you passed or not
I was the top of my class. I got an A on every test. All of my instructors said that I would be the best paramedic there ever was. I heard that if you get the last question right, you passed. Well, I got the last question right and the test shutoff at 67.8. Did I pass?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I was the top of my class. I got an A on every test. All of my instructors said that I would be the best paramedic there ever was. I heard that if you get the last question right, you passed. Well, I got the last question right and the test shutoff at 67.8. Did I pass?
No

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
if you ever want to see a load of frustration, allow non clinical people to make clinical decisions.
Wait......that doesn't already happen everywhere?

Is almost as bad as clinical people making unrealistic clinical decisions.

Like a single medic with an EMT on a cardiac arrest.

IV in 1 minute
Epi in 3 minutes
Intubation in 5 minutes

In a county where average EMS response is 10 minutes and the average fire response is 18 minutes.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that's something you don't quite see everyday, someone trying to commit suicide via lighting a charcoal grill inside their house...

Reminds me of a certain episode of Trailer Park Boys…

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Tfw when your sixty year old antivax mother tests positive for COVID-19... but by some miracle she had agreed to accept this one vaccine so many people are fighting so hard against and so we can rest fairly easy.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Tfw when your sixty year old antivax mother tests positive for COVID-19... but by some miracle she had agreed to accept this one vaccine so many people are fighting so hard against and so we can rest fairly easy.

Not to be “that” guy. Jab or no jab I personally don’t care how you live your life. But why does the jab matter? I’ve had 3 family members that have gotten the jab w/ boosters that have tested positive.

I don’t want to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here on the merits of the COVID vaccine (there’s a whole thread on this) but why does the jab matter when you can still contract the virus?

Seirende

Not to be “that” guy. Jab or no jab I personally don’t care how you live your life. But why does the jab matter? I’ve had 3 family members that have gotten the jab w/ boosters that have tested positive.

I don’t want to get into a pissing contest with anyone on here on the merits of the COVID vaccine (there’s a whole thread on this) but why does the jab matter when you can still contract the virus?

As far as I know (and according to the doctors I know) the vaccines mostly protect you against contracting the virus and if you do have a breakthrough case it's much more unlikely that you'll have a poor outcome. That's as far as I'll say in this thread. 😉

Edit: I did actually post about this in the COVID-19 megathread as I thought it would add to the formal discussion in an anecdotal manner, this was meant to be a more casual expression of something happening in my personal life.

Last edited:

Seirende

Also on a personal level, it sure was a fun moment when I figured out everyone at Thanksgiving had been exposed since her symptoms started the day after.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member

The jab matters a lot because even though you can still get the virus once you’ve had it, you are way less likely to develop a viral load sufficient to cause severe illness.

Seirende

The jab matters a lot because even though you can still get the virus once you’ve had it, you are way less likely to develop a viral load sufficient to cause severe illness.
And so my mom will probably be fine, yay! Now let's move to the megathread lol

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
The Lions actually won a game. It was a rather exciting one too. Receiver has his first NFL touchdown as time expired? Nice.