the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Screenshot_20211102-090343_Quora.jpg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally got my hip and back feeling better after working with the PT. Did squats for the first time in 3 months and a simple 5x5 at my old warm up weight has me walking funny. The mountains are gonna be fun this month lol

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Trying to fix a furnace...this is way out of my wheelhouse.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Boss: “Hey, you need to take ICS 300/400”

Me: “do I really?”

boss: “yeah. With additional responsibilities comes additional NIMS classes. Just deal with it.”

Can’t argue with that logic. At least I’m getting paid to take them.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Boss: “Hey, you need to take ICS 300/400”

Me: “do I really?”

boss: “yeah. With additional responsibilities comes additional NIMS classes. Just deal with it.”

Can’t argue with that logic. At least I’m getting paid to take them.
I feel the exact same way about holding over tomorrow morning for my NRP renewal. Agreed, a logical perspective helps.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Trying to fix a furnace...this is way out of my wheelhouse.
Tried once, got too worried about leveling the house with a gas explosion.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Tried once, got too worried about leveling the house with a gas explosion.

Me too, I’m usually very wary of doing anything HVAC or plumbing related but had no other option.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hi, I'm an EMT student from California. I am the best of my class. I always get A's and study hard. I was wonder how do I get an ambulance driver license? Also will I be hirable if I have a felony and prior DUI? If any of you guys tell me something I don't want to hear, I will dispute you.

Oh, and what's the difference between a NRB and BVM? Both are 15 LPM, yeh? So why the heck do we have both? Seems confusing.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hi, I'm an EMT student from California. I am the best of my class. I always get A's and study hard. I was wonder how do I get an ambulance driver license? Also will I be hirable if I have a felony and prior DUI? If any of you guys tell me something I don't want to hear, I will dispute you.

Oh, and what's the difference between a NRB and BVM? Both are 15 LPM, yeh? So why the heck do we have both? Seems confusing.
Just need the part where even though they get Straight As they still can't seem to pass the test and/or NREMT and want to know which questions they should memorize, followed by agonizing over how many questions they had before the test cut off... ;)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Just need the part where even though they get Straight As they still can't seem to pass the test and/or NREMT and want to know which questions they should memorize, followed by agonizing over how many questions they had before the test cut off... ;)
And where they want to be a FF. Oh, wait…

VentMonkey

Family Guy
At least with FDNY, we don’t even have to wonder…
Idk, the 18-year old straight out of HS with the lifted dozer, flat bill, and IAFF sticker is a pretty easy guess.

Speaking of (mostly) California, but shifting the directionlessness, In-N-Out is still frickin’ amazing. I do love me some “Animal Style” toppings.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Speaking of (mostly) California, but shifting the directionlessness, In-N-Out is still frickin’ amazing. I do love me some “Animal Style” toppings.

I regret not ordering animal style last time I was out in CA. There’s my new excuse to plan a trip out west!

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Finally got admin rights on my new work computer!!! had to walk the level 2 tech support guy on what needed to be done, and it took 3 requests and a manual bypass because their normal process wasn't working, but at least now I can install the software for my trackball and customize the buttons!
1636554792423.jpeg

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
At my first EMS conference! Super excited.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh. The Strava queens ruined the best section at my home trails. Little fast, little techy, now it's just fast and smooth.