the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Honestly no. I just thought it was an extra incentive to pick up shifts.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, it'll be another 7 weeks or so till it airs, but just did a background part as an actual Firefighter for a scene in Magnum PI where they have a car blow up (the explosion was actually pretty spectacular on set lol).

When they asked me to give directions to the other non-actual FF extras playing the other Firefighters, I may have left the nozzle open for me to take 😏 (of course that next scene if all of 5 seconds of water and cleanup after the fire is fought off camera lol)

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So are you going to make an IMBD page?

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, it'll be another 7 weeks or so till it airs, but just did a background part as an actual Firefighter for a scene in Magnum PI where they have a car blow up (the explosion was actually pretty spectacular on set lol).

When they asked me to give directions to the other non-actual FF extras playing the other Firefighters, I may have left the nozzle open for me to take 😏 (of course that next scene if all of 5 seconds of water and cleanup after the fire is fought off camera lol)
Get your SAG Card!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, that was certainly an entertaining day in baseball today.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm an Angels fan, whats so interesting in October?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
So we used to get an extra $50 for picking up a shift on our days off. Starting Nov 1st, that’s not going to happen because we don’t have the money for it. RIP. Wonder if the new management that we just got will change anything for the better, doubt it though.

Edit: so apparently the bonus isn’t supposed to be done to get people to pick up shifts but we were. Corporate found out what was going on and cut off the money.
The op here does 10/hr for your first shift and 20/hr for any subsequent shifts as an incentive. Add 5/hr to those numbers to work weekends. Is it poor business practice? Maybe. Not gonna stop me from making 46 dollars an hour to paramedic twice a month in Colorado Springs. We hear the 20+ dollar incentives will go away soon but the 10/hr has been around for 2.5 years now.

I got a six dollar an hour raise in the midst of all these incentives, not sure how they pulled that off.

Last edited:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I was actually in Chicago during their world series run and eventual win. It was spectacular to be in that environment. Especially since my hotel that I booked for 150 dollars a night was going for 400. 😅

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I start my two day TECC class tomorrow. Looking forward to it even though I’ll probably never need to use it.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
They're setting up a new Crisis Outreach Response and Engagement (CORE) program here, using an ambulance with two EMTs and a Community Health Worker (and apparently their uniform will be a red polo shirt and blue jeans lol) to respond to homeless patients who "need medical attention but don't need the Emergency Room" and can take them directly to Alternative Destinations like clinics, apparently arranging transportation (whether their ambulance or something else) when they leave the hospital to take them directly to housing or a shelter.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
They're setting up a new Crisis Outreach Response and Engagement (CORE) program here, using an ambulance with two EMTs and a Community Health Worker (and apparently their uniform will be a red polo shirt and blue jeans lol) to respond to homeless patients who "need medical attention but don't need the Emergency Room" and can take them directly to Alternative Destinations like clinics, apparently arranging transportation (whether their ambulance or something else) when they leave the hospital to take them directly to housing or a shelter.

This may be the best thing I’ve ever heard.