the 100% directionless thread

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Pointers gonna do pointer things.
20210905_092411.jpg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
When do the CCP beta exam results come out again? Suppose I'll find out when I find out, but got to thinking about it and can't remember which I was told.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I see what you did there.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
It's always rewarding logging into the forum and catching a spam post within 5min of it being posted.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well, we must be getting close to the Apocalypse. The Mariners look like they're going to move ahead of Oakland in the AL Wild Card race.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dispatch notes: someone in the household has COVID.

So we put on our iso gowns and full goggles amd whatnot, good thing too because at the door first question is "anyone inside have COVID?" They answered nope, no one does.

Go inside, start assessing the patient, notice she's on home O2, ask about that with history, like "Do you have COPD or CHF? Is that what the oxygen is for?"
No, that's because I had COVID 2 weeks ago..."

-_- -_- -_-

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
New holster came in for my carry gun. It's pretty comforting having a weapon light on my pistol, I need to take it to the range to see how much of a difference the added weight makes. I suspect my pistol will shoot flatter then before.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have two part time ambulance jobs. One is with AMR, the other with a mountain/rural service. AMR pays me a lot (36/hr minimum) and lets me build my own shifts so long as I work one day per month. It's busy urban EMS and we work pretty hard and have to put up with a pretty dumb ALS FD with scene control. The mountain job is 24s (too far to drive for anything less) and pays only 20/hr. But I get to do cool stuff (RSI, vents, lots of meds, backcountry, etc) with lots of my friends.

By 2022 I feel I need to only have one. It stresses me out to have this much obligation. But how am I going to pick?

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
It needs to be about the future, about when you get to the point where you want to retire, which will give you a better retirement. Just my $0.02.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I have two part time ambulance jobs. One is with AMR, the other with a mountain/rural service. AMR pays me a lot (36/hr minimum) and lets me build my own shifts so long as I work one day per month. It's busy urban EMS and we work pretty hard and have to put up with a pretty dumb ALS FD with scene control. The mountain job is 24s (too far to drive for anything less) and pays only 20/hr. But I get to do cool stuff (RSI, vents, lots of meds, backcountry, etc) with lots of my friends.

By 2022 I feel I need to only have one. It stresses me out to have this much obligation. But how am I going to pick?
Who provides better snacks?

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
It needs to be about the future, about when you get to the point where you want to retire, which will give you a better retirement. Just my $0.02.
My real job is pension based fire, so that's my primary retirement plan. Mountain job was my primary employer for seven years and their retirement was quite good so I have a little egg there. But currently I make about 500/month there so it's about 80/month to my retirement.
Who provides better snacks?
Mountain job always hooks it up with dinner.