the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I spent 6 hours at the ED getting evaluated for chest pain. Should be a required exercise for every paramedic. What an eye opening experience.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oh?

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
My current favorite thing to do is to remind people that we are in a blood/blood product shortage and everyone who is eligible should go donate blood/blood products. As an AB+ donor, I try to hit up our local donation center for those fun apheresis platelet/plasma donations.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
That seems excessive
That’s about a normal time frame around here depending on age, history, and presentation.
Had one patient during the 2017 flu season that was about 8 hours. Unfortunately we were on bed delay at the hospital. Patient was treated and discharged from our gurney… not legally recommended.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, busy day. 6 calls so far, 8hrs into shift. Only 3 medicals (and all three were in the neighboring stations area), 1 auto accident clean up, one car fire, and one activated fire alarm. And I've been the driver today too, so plenty wheel time, and even a bit of pumping lol
Funny we juuusst got back to station from the clean up, just got our gear off, and got dispatched to the auto fire, same exact intersection. So of course we're headed back to scene going "Wtf??" Hoping the car from earlier that they just put on the flatbed wasn't burning up, or someone hit some bit of debris we missed.... turns out it was some completely unrelated concrete dump truck whose brakes had locked up and were beginning to burn up. No flames but heat and smoke, so we sprayed some water to cool them down, and joked with the PD guys about how long it had been since we've seen them. Absolutely none of the vehicles from the previous accident were there still, just coincidence heh.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Finally made it to the monthly meeting for the volly squad I’m part of. Also signed up for my first shift. Next Monday, 17:00-05:00.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Just about everyone who showed up drove a pickup truck. What’s with fire fighters and pickup trucks?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Off duty jobs.
Towing their boats.
places to put stupid FF stickers.
True, although I tend to see stupid EMS stickers on SUV's that couldn't drive over a curb without getting high-centered.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Off duty jobs.
Towing their boats.
places to put stupid FF stickers.

I've seen far more stupid EMS and police stickers over stupid firefighter stickers.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
The Air Methods AMPED Podcast is now available on iTunes along with the Libysn website. The podcast highlights critical care topics with flight scenarios and education

AMPED

iTunes