the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
And I don’t remember AI having armed guards, but lots of hospitals have armed security.
Really? I’ve never seen hospitals with armed security apart from AI. Unless you count the guards at NIH.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
EMS must be doing new hire training. We were at a call, a fairly legit flash PE, and 4 of them jumped put of the ambulance (Medic, EMT, Medic Trainee, and EMT trainee). I can only imagine some of our crews are running 3 FF on their engines, and then the ambulance shows up with more peeps than they got!

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
EMS must be doing new hire training. We were at a call, a fairly legit flash PE, and 4 of them jumped put of the ambulance (Medic, EMT, Medic Trainee, and EMT trainee). I can only imagine some of our crews are running 3 FF on their engines, and then the ambulance shows up with more peeps than they got!

That's over the top. Never more than one new person on a crew.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Just finished my first day of my 911 training. Last call was a STEMI.

Attachments

• 0A7BA62B-F4C4-4434-9457-3FE9DD0D0C14.jpeg
    0A7BA62B-F4C4-4434-9457-3FE9DD0D0C14.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Just finished my first day of my 911 training. Last call was a STEMI.
Would be cooler if we got to see the 12-lead of the STEMI.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
So nobody really learns a thing then...

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I had 31,000+ doge a year ago and would have made $12k if I still had it.
Good lord. I only recently got into it to learn. Have something like 600 coins. But I have 0$ of my own money in that.

All my money goes to Ethereum

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I had 31,000+ doge a year ago and would have made $12k if I still had it.
how do you get your money out :oops:

**not looking to start debate** just wanted to get a legitimate answer lol

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Would be cooler if we got to see the 12-lead of the STEMI.
I wanted a copy of the 12 lead but I didn’t have time after the call.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Gotta love the clown car staffing model

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
What do you mean? I just buy/sell crypto on robinhood like I do any other stock.
well crypto relies on you owning the key for the encryption. if it's on robinhood or [insert vendor here], then they own the crypto since it's their key.

I wish I knew a way to get money out after owning crypto currency :(

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
well crypto relies on you owning the key for the encryption. if it's on robinhood or [insert vendor here], then they own the crypto since it's their key.

I wish I knew a way to get money out after owning crypto currency :(

I'm not 100% on what you're saying, but you literally trade it like any other stock, or you can transfer it to a digital wallet (in which case the wallet software generates a key)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm not so sure - where did you find that?

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
What's a good flashlight to get for work?

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wanted a copy of the 12 lead but I didn’t have time after the call.
If you work on the same rig/monitor, you just hit the option button on the lifepak, go to archive, it'll alert you that you're leaving (in case the monitor was actively being used to monitor the patient), then you just scroll to find the patient (much easier to find, if you inputted the patient's name otherwise you gotta know date and time), select 12-lead, and print. I don't know how long it stays on the Lifepak for. Like a week? If you are able to do it, make sure it does not reveal protected health info like their name. This guy kinda talks about it in his video here. Our clinical education might do this to review a call, to see if we falsified a report/edited vitals. We also do it after calls, if the monitor was accidentally turned off before transmit or document vital signs (if the bluetooth/wifi fails).

I am sure that is obvious to you, but just making sure cause I've seen people in EKG groups get lazy and forget (or they are from a foreign country, but the group follows US standards with HIPAA so the mods get mad anyways).

For future cases, if you don't have enough time after the call, want to share it, and if it doesn't get you in trouble/break policy. Some companies have rules stricter than HIPAA and don't want you to share anything at all so be careful.

Last edited:

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
For all the nerds out there...

9D8AE13A-BACC-4A9C-B872-789947080925.png