the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
The thing is that I know that the complaint will get tracked back to me even with whistleblower protection laws and I’ll be forced to quit or I’ll “just happen” to be fired.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The thing is that I know that the complaint will get tracked back to me even with whistleblower protection laws and I’ll be forced to quit or I’ll “just happen” to be fired.

You either need to be okay with your workplace, leave, or report it.

Whining does nothing.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Ok did a bit more research and what my work is doing is allowed due to COVID-19.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Ok did a bit more research and what my work is doing is allowed due to COVID-19.
Glad you took the very important but oft overlooked step of verifying what you were going to complain about is actually something to complain about.

Last edited:

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Thanks. Helped that the issue I was concerned about was on the front page of the OEMS website.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Got done getting signed off as a ultrasound IV skills proctor. Now I get to (formally) teach this skill to my co-workers... and I'm also another step closer to MICN certification. All that's left is ride time.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Oof. I couldn’t find my watch so I feel naked. I’m using the pulse ox tonight.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The lady who was family,

Just pleading with us for us to do what we can. Asking if we can shock him back or do mouth to mouth. :(

She asked the medic if he was really gone and it's policy for DOA without obvious signs of death to be called by a sup. Our medic was saying that it didn't look like we could do much, but we'd check.

Then she looks at me and asks me what I think.

I just stared at her. Before going in, medic gave me a pep talk of letting him do the talking and hold all questions till the end. So I'm not trying to give her any false hope as I'm pretty sure he's dead, medic kinda wanted to work him because he wasn't rigored but sup was on his way.

Medic lets her know that he's got more experience and training, politely, but it wasn't likely he was going to be worked.

I just hate that, not being able to do anything.

I didn't like her eyes burning into me with a sad desperation hoping I'd give her something to go on. But I can't.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Got relocated to a neighboring station (actually my previous one, they're at the mechanic shop apparently) got bopped for a second cardiac arrest, but got canceled due to it being a DOA, back back into the station, almost immediately get another one for a Difficulty breathing, COVID positive patient.

Fortunately turns put patient was NOT COVID+ (had a negative test a week ago), but after clearing get a seizure call before we make it back to the station.... busy day so far

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Anyone have a PRX rack or experience with one? Looking to get one for the new digs.

It literally has everything that I need, including the space saving factor.
Not sure what that is, but I have a Rogue R-3 which was (relatively speaking) very affordable and doesn't take up much space and is absolutely bomb-proof. Plus they sell tons of accessories and attachments for it. They also have a version that folds up against the wall when you aren't using it.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not sure what that is, but I have a Rogue R-3 which was (relatively speaking) very affordable and doesn't take up much space and is absolutely bomb-proof. Plus they sell tons of accessories and attachments for it. They also have a version that folds up against the wall when you aren't using it.
Same concept, different brands.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I've been eyeing the Max Pro myself. Especially for my apartment, seems like a good fit

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Same concept, different brands.
Unless the PRX has some distinct advantage over the Rogue or is much more affordable, I would consider Rogue for the simple fact that they are so common and so many parts and accessories are easily available for it. Kind of like buying a Chevy or Toyota vs. a Volvo.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Unless the PRX has some distinct advantage over the Rogue or is much more affordable, I would consider Rogue for the simple fact that they are so common and so many parts and accessories are easily available for it. Kind of like buying a Chevy or Toyota vs. a Volvo.
Awesome, thanks. I’ll take a look.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Man, five days without internet access. The thing I missed the most was my music.