the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Finished the prints for pharmacy tech trainee.

I hate for how many times I've been printed. For school. For work. For my EMT cert. For tests. For my LTC. I have the same prints.

Found a place that's base pay of 13 for a trainee, but it turns out, places are hurting for techs and they're chomping at the bit to hire. I think I can get more than that at this place, and I'll look around to see how competitive things get. I'm making 13.50 for the PRN EMS job.

Hopefully I'll get a job as a tech and get really good at meds. Maybe the staff might even get to know me and be willing to help out with my studies from time to time.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
places are hurting for techs and they're chomping at the bit to hire.
See if they would be willing to reimburse you for the fingerprint fees.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hm, the place I am applying to sent me an e-mail like 3 hours ago asking me to call them to schedule an interview. It's a Friday night so I wonder if they'll even pick up their phones tomorrow? Oh well, I am anxious about that. To put a cherry on top, I got another test on Tuesday! It's a big one so I really hope I pass that test too.

OceanBossMan263

Forum Crew Member
Exploring a move to North Carolina (as seen elsewhere on the forums)... I must say that in general I am pleasantly surprised by the speed of government down there. I applied in late December for an Assistant Fire Marshal job... already have a video interview scheduled in 2 weeks with a possible in-person in early April. Got a few other call backs from jobs as well. Some EMS county agencies contacted me within a week of the application period closing.

I'm so used to government hiring taking forever in NY (and working in one I can see the inefficiencies). My problem now may be telling people I need to hold off on taking anything until August or September, maybe passing on opportunities entirely... or making them want me enough to wait a few months

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
My wife’s SLE has been dormant for years. She had it worse before we had kids. This was well before “House”. She’d get butterfly rashes and have painful joint aching.

Her mom and an aunt have it pretty bad, as well as some younger family members. We’re hoping none of our kids, specifically the girls, get it.

Apparently it’s the newest myalgia. My wife scoffs at people who use it as a crutch. She’s a tough ol battle axe. Gawd, I love that woman.

People who legitimately have it can have quite a rough and bumpy road. I can vividly recall transporting a young teenage gal in a “lower socioeconomic” area for a flare up with obvious flank pain. She was treated much like a sickle cell patient. Sad.

I feel for you and your wife. I think too often clinicians dismiss the one in a million ( or 10,000) as not being possible due to their statistical unlikelihood. Unfortunately that means that the rare person with that actual disease struggles to get diagnosed and treated because all of their initial encounters get brushed off.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
New paint in the house looks better than I expected. I am beyond pleased.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I feel for you and your wife. I think too often clinicians dismiss the one in a million ( or 10,000) as not being possible due to their statistical unlikelihood. Unfortunately that means that the rare person with that actual disease struggles to get diagnosed and treated because all of their initial encounters get brushed off.

At my high school, the home ec teacher had a situation with her kid.

Her kid was I think like 8 ish and got sick. She took him to the Dr who says it was minor and would pass. As time went on, the condition got more severe. She'd take him back again and again to be told she was worrying over nothing and etc etc just being a hovering mom

Eventually she got to the point he was sick enough she refused to leave the hospital until they found out what was wrong with him.

After testing and such was fully done, they found he had stage 4 cancer.

He lived and he's in remission, but he almost died.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Thanks. My wife actually hates telling her physician she has it, or admitting her flare ups.

She’s all about not being stigmatized for it. I can’t say I blame her. Neither of us are about that pity life.

I just remember a time when no one hardly knew what it was, but hey good on Hugh Laurie for giving it a platform.

The end organ damage it can cause is for realz though.

Also, I sure hope the soon-to-be new homeowners to our house don’t hit too many snags. We’re about ready to move and tired of living out of boxes.

Last edited:

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks. My wife actually hates telling her physician she has it, or admitting her flare ups.

She’s all about not being stigmatized for it. I can’t say I blame her. Neither of us are about that pity life.

I just remember a time when no one hardly knew what it was, but hey good on Hugh Laurie for giving it a platform.

The end organ damage it can cause is for realz though.

Also, I sure hope the soon-to-be new homeowners to our house don’t hit too many snags. We’re about ready to move and tired of living out of boxes.
What's the market like out there? Saying it's a sellers market here is an understatement.

We're hoping the finance company will accept comparative market value to dump our PMI, right now our house is worth 80k more than we paid.

The wife is about to take a travel contract in Northern California for 6 weeks. Yay for a new roof when she gets back, that'll for sure allow us to dump the PMI early.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
What's the market like out there? Saying it's a sellers market here is an understatement.
Well, considering our home and others in our neighborhood sold within days, I’d say the national trend is par for the course.

Buyers bidding wars are also apparently a
thing again as well.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My station's call volume apparently likes parkour.

Last shift was 2 calls total. Neither were medicals.

Yesterday had 8 calls, all medicals.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
TBI Awareness Month. Protect your dome

157660786_3691110657673119_621175429307188996_o.jpg