the 100% directionless thread

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
My little heart musters a shred of what seems to be romance and it's for one of my oldest friends

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
My little heart musters a shred of what seems to be romance and it's for one of my oldest friends

I let that stuff die tbh. I don't like carrying achy hearts around.

Plus, I'm in a relationship. Not fair to who I'm courting to reminisce like that.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well today sucks. That is all.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The lady who was nice with cancer is going home on hospice. 😭

What the ****. I knew it wasn't looking good but like...

Damn

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well. PUI was Negative. Felt decent before taking home the nice lady.

Feeling pretty drained and with less purpose than I should..

At least it's 30 minutes until EOS. Oh wait. They dropped a longer transport who tested positive 6 days ago on us.

About to go pick up.

Not getting off nearly ontime today. Was nearly 4 hours late yesterday. Didn't do a single PCR cause all I had left in me was to drive home and pass out for a few hours to get up to do it again today.

A 24 tomorrow

Sleep study results and A 12 the day after

Wisdom teeth getting taken out the day after and I'm scared of that. Paid extra for the general anesthesia because I just can't be awake for that stuff.

FASFA was reduced without notice and I can no longer afford this semester. Not sure what I'm going to do. Applied for CARES act funds but no idea about when they'll say yes or no.

I'm exhausted all the time and this company hates us. 7 people quit, one on the job like 3 days ago, and that's just at my station. Word has is they're going to try to hire a bunch of people and they're going to get 16$/Hr for new basics.

In want to get into therapy, but time and money and balancing everything is ridiculous right now.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't suppose it counts for a stork pin if the kid and placenta were both already delivered before we arrived on scene lol

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Nope. But points if you provided the soup recipe.
IMG_2718.JPG

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
and this week has been interesting. Applied for a local private service that's supposedly really short staffed.

Haven't heard back. That's always great for the self esteem. lol.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Interesting stuff. I have offers from three services that are interested in hiring me per diem. One is hospital based ALS chase trucks, so that’s looking like the top choice. I’m waiting for the second dose of Moderna before I consider going back on the street however.

We are moving to a new house at the end of the month and I’m very excited to get out of the townhouse we’ve been in for three years. We just committed to 25k in improvements on the house we own in Delaware to hopefully get that sold and then we’ll look for a place to buy here. Possibly the rental house we’re moving into. It ticks a lot of the boxes.

While 2020 was a horrible year, it was quite good for me professionally and personally. I was fortunate to be in a position where I could pivot my career and still continue with consulting and freelance work. It was not good for many of my colleagues and I’m hoping that 2021 is better for a lot of us.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Wifi is down at home. Outage with the company. I downgraded my phone plan and removed Hotspot to save money. I basically never needed Hotspot anyway. Since then, I've somehow needed it all the time. I'm going to go back to the other plan.

Email went out today from the company that there are PCRs that are late and therefore they might report us to the state. Excerpt below"

"Failure to complete a patient care report within 24 hours is a DSHS violation and can result in suspension of your license so please lets no go there."

I feel like that's a pretty *****y move when they overwork all of us so much and we're just playing catch up every shift. They don't help us succeed and they're not there for us. We can't even call supervisors or office staff directly. Half the time dispatch transfers us, they don't answer.