the 100% directionless thread

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Somebody could make a fortune desiging a house that could be pressure washed on the inside and still look stylish.

Brings back memories of the stuff I used to do at that age: putting Hershey chocolate bars in the dryer with the whites, standing behind a fan and feeding my dad's reel to reel tapes to it, making chilli for breakfast for my brother, the dog and me. In retrospect, I'm amazed I lived to even go to school.

My folks told me that even you have toddlers the only thing worse than a marker with no cap is the cap with no marker.

And I was an artist.

The world was my canvas.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
You get hazard pay while out on assignment?
Cooperators generally don't here. Still getting 144 hours of OT on a two week assignment (plus the regular 80 hours) is a pretty good check.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Cooperators generally don't here. Still getting 144 hours of OT on a two week assignment (plus the regular 80 hours) is a pretty good check.

A 14 day trip to summer camp is always nice. Just as long as you’re not mop shotting it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A 14 day trip to summer camp is always nice. Just as long as you’re not mop shotting it.
Hopefully rather than extend the crew that's currently on a big burner on the western slope we'll just do a crew swap. Very very active right now.

CALEMT

3 fires in 2 days, get back to the station at 0130, wake up at 0530 to drive 3 hours to a PALS refresher, turn around and then drive 6 hours to home. I am so glad I'm on vacation.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Don't abuse the colors. play it cool. oh no.... it's taking over. help me. I've fallen and can't get up.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Just wait. Just wait. Just wait. Just wait. Just wait. Just wait. Just wait. Seriously, just wait.

You might find there are font options too. Even different sizes...

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I've come down with a cold, which obviously means that I'm stuck at home until I feel better. Holed up in my room with my reading app, some paper books, Netflix and Hulu, and Discord, so it's not all bad.

Rano Pano

Forum Lieutenant
I've come down with a cold, which obviously means that I'm stuck at home until I feel better. Holed up in my room with my reading app, some paper books, Netflix and Hulu, and Discord, so it's not all bad.
I’ll suggest starting or rewatching the Office while it’s still on Netflix.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
All I know I know I was tired and ready for bed, in bed normal time, nothing particularly out of the ordinary except I could not fall asleep for the life of me. Clocked less than 5 hours with frequent waking up, and of course of all days of my 4 day, its the last night before I go back to work -_-

Seirende

I’ll suggest starting or rewatching the Office while it’s still on Netflix.

Tried to get into it. Not my cup of tea. I'm working through Crazy Ex-Girlfriend currently.

Seirende

So I rejoined FB and frankly I had forgotten how bad at critical thought and public discourse so many people are.

Catching up with my cousins through group chat is nice, though.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I agree. I’ve certainly found myself less willing—or wanting—to post much anymore. Maybe I’m just getting older, I dunno...

Lol, with that, my 40 year old self laughs at how much this mirrors my 20-something self’s routine.

I still manage to push myself for an after work workout routinely, sometimes to a fault. I agree though, I can barely sit comfortably in an ambulance for more than 8 hours at a time now. That’s no badge worth bragging about either.

This has become far less enjoyable than it used to be. Luckily I see about 1/3 of the stuff here.

I bought a new bike to get back to the road. Hoping to do a Muddy Angels next year.

CALEMT

Well I managed to install my new oven without blowing myself up.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I agree. I’ve certainly found myself less willing—or wanting—to post much anymore. Maybe I’m just getting older, I dunno...

Lol, with that, my 40 year old self laughs at how much this mirrors my 20-something self’s routine.

I still manage to push myself for an after work workout routinely, sometimes to a fault. I agree though, I can barely sit comfortably in an ambulance for more than 8 hours at a time now. That’s no badge worth bragging about either.
Its a nice routine. I don't enjoy running, but I like the consistency of having a routine and it serves a purpose.

I hear that. Came in for a short 5 hour stand by and it was perfect. Didn't have to do anything and wasn't stuck in a truck for a whole day.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
We should have an EMTLife Discord!