the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Our main level 1 was on divert last week. Never seen that before.
The county south of us has been at 100% ICU capacity with all their surge beds being occupied. Any patients that need to be admitted have been getting shipped out to 2 surrounding counties (ours is one). Now that our county is almost full we are going to be shipping to the next county and so on. Our flights have already been about an hour and now we will be looking at closer to 2 hour transport times by air which is not fun.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
The county south of us has been at 100% ICU capacity with all their surge beds being occupied. Any patients that need to be admitted have been getting shipped out to 2 surrounding counties (ours is one). Now that our county is almost full we are going to be shipping to the next county and so on. Our flights have already been about an hour and now we will be looking at closer to 2 hour transport times by air which is not fun.

How is that gonna change weight limits accounting for fuel?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
How is that gonna change weight limits accounting for fuel?
Can only hold so much fuel. We now have to do a little more flight planning and will be stopping at airports for fuel during transport. A single flight we are now looking at a minimum of 3 fuel stops.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Can only hold so much fuel. We now have to do a little more flight planning and will be stopping at airports for fuel during transport. A single flight we are now looking at a minimum of 3 fuel stops.
Seems like fixed wing would be a possible option if the resources are available.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Seems like fixed wing would be a possible option if the resources are available.
They are already being utilized. The issue with that is there are not a lot of fixed wing assets in the area and finding an ambulance to get the flight crew from the hospital to the airport has been challenging.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
They are already being utilized. The issue with that is there are not a lot of fixed wing assets in the area and finding an ambulance to get the flight crew from the hospital to the airport has been challenging.

We pretty regularly take flight crews as BLS taxis. But the crew going to the pt , they've started to uber.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
So the county’s ICU beds are 99% full. I am guessing we are about to see a lot of out of county transports in the short future.

Our ICU census is so low that we had to close one of our adult ICUs and move the patients to one of the others on campus.

I get the feeling I’m going to end up sent to Texas soon.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Our ICU census is so low that we had to close one of our adult ICUs and move the patients to one of the others on campus.

I get the feeling I’m going to end up sent to Texas soon.

Come on down. .. the water is... Rona

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We pretty regularly take flight crews as BLS taxis. But the crew going to the pt , they've started to uber.
We are and have been using Uber to get to the hospital and the patient however we obviously will not use Uber once we make contact. After the transport is done and patient care is handed over we will not use Uber to get back to the airport and require an ambulance, HEMS, or some other form of medical transport.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
We are and have been using Uber to get to the hospital and the patient however we obviously will not use Uber once we make contact. After the transport is done and patient care is handed over we will not use Uber to get back to the airport and require an ambulance, HEMS, or some other form of medical transport.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Cheaper I guess.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I’d rather not. It’s hot and humid, and I dislike both. I was on the deployment list for Harvey and narrowly got away with not being sent to that dumpster fire.

It's not that hot or humid. It's pretty exaggerated.

Where are you from?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my Mom found a stray kitten under the neighbors car the other day. Something like only a couple weeks old.

They already have two cats in the house, one is still not liking the idea and has hissed at the new kitten for getting too close, the other, well...
IMG_2381.jpg

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Speaking of humid, the midwest swamp heat has started. Just in time, my wife has been voicing her displeasure with the plywood floor in the kitchen.

Ive been waiting to finish the kitchen till it was to hot to do outdoor activities.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I got the job. They pay for my insurance 100% and a smidge more than a 2$ pay raise.

I talked to them about the investigation and they said they they still have the contract for 3 more years.

I know they'll say what they can to make it look not so bad. But honestly? I think it's worth a shot.

If another company gets it, I'll just go there I guess.

One thing I liked is how I saw them treat their employees. One came in with 2 small kids to do learning modules. She wasn't really allowed to bring kids in, so they were going to let her work on them until they needed the room and then put her in another room so she could get things done.

I overhead a good amount of conversation about one employee that was really good on testing and stuff, but had trouble in the truck. They talked about who they could place her with so she could get experience and good training because they wanted her to improve.

Granted, it's only a small glimpse of the company, but I see people who care about their employees.

It's worth a shot. And if it doesn't work out, I'm in good standing with AMR or can go to another company. I give my 2 weeks, I don't disappear.

This is what I've been working for.

During the interview, it was more of a sit down so they could offer me a job. They told me I did very well last time and they missed out on me and they wouldn't miss me this time. They asked about my falconry and how I was now.

They all remembered me.

Wish me luck.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Got ROSC on my final pulse check yesterday. Was about a minute from making the phone call. Unfortunately I think I just ended up bringing back a body that will have no life. Talk about timing though.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Got ROSC on my final pulse check yesterday. Was about a minute from making the phone call. Unfortunately I think I just ended up bringing back a body that will have no life. Talk about timing though.
How long were they down?