the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
As much as I enjoy that trainwreck of a show, this:
FB_IMG_1587094252783.jpg

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
That’s the one thing I’m worried about. I’m not exactly rolling in the dough at the moment.

Yeah you have to weigh out the cost if your are planning to roll in the cost to your loan, figure out how many months it would take you to break even. I would be paying for my costs out of pocket, but the costs are high right now because banks are nervous.

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
It is a standard for us, but I thought it was a waste of time. The urgent care had already fired a couple of NTG into her before I got there. I got a line and some fluid/zofran on board and started heading to the cath lab. She was really freaked out. I wish I could have given her a smidge of versed but they lose their mind over the idea of a paramedic giving an anxious patient a benzo.

Could you have snow'ed her a little bit with Fentanyl?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Could you have snow'ed her a little bit with Fentanyl?

Maybe. Might have been hard to justify. She was relatively pain free. Just anxious. A smidge of Ativan would have been perfect. But, we don't carry Ativan. :)

I know. I'm in the dark ages here in PA.

And I'm the QI guy, it wouldn't have been an issue, but I try to set a good example. :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Yeah you have to weigh out the cost if your are planning to roll in the cost to your loan, figure out how many months it would take you to break even. I would be paying for my costs out of pocket, but the costs are high right now because banks are nervous.

I'm at 4.5 and my lender told me he could do 3.25. All in all it's saving me ~200 a month/ 2,400 a year. An extra $200 would sure help me save up for a new vehicle.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We were contacted early on about refinancing but we were just starting a remodel. Our realtor advised us to hold off cause the remodel would likely dump our PMI

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm at 4.5 and my lender told me he could do 3.25. All in all it's saving me ~200 a month/ 2,400 a year. An extra $200 would sure help me save up for a new vehicle.

Sure, but what are the total costs for the refi, and how long do you plan to stay in your house? If the refi is going to cost you 5k for example and you roll that in for example it would take you 25 months just to break even. Those are the numbers you just need to double check against your timeline in your home to make sure it makes sense cents wise :)

CALEMT

Sure, but what are the total costs for the refi, and how long do you plan to stay in your house? If the refi is going to cost you 5k for example and you roll that in for example it would take you 25 months just to break even. Those are the numbers you just need to double check against your timeline in your home to make sure it makes sense cents wise :)

Luckily I have a good lender that dumbs it down to firefighter terms haha. $500 out of pocket and about 13 months to get on the up.

CALEMT

Oh wow that’s great, I would be all over that then! Good luck.

Tacking on the rest onto the home loan. I plan on staying in this house for at least the next 5 years. Ideally I'd like to be here for 15 more.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Anyone have any good resources they like for neonatal resuscitation?