the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
While we're on the topic, Tango is the right size to eat rats now.
45919B4C-5652-4BE4-9596-F433E598ED99.gif

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Aren't we talking about small organisms we cherish?
Ah, I gotcha.

While I respect pet owners and their affinity for their respective animals (I own a couple as well), I’m ol skool in the sense that they have their place in our home and I can’t quite compare them to our trio and the joys and blunders of child-rearing.

I think most “kid owners” get this. And while kids aren’t in everyone’s wheelhouse—respectfully—whole ‘nother “organism”;)..

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Ah, I gotcha.

While I respect pet owners and their affinity for their respective animals (I own a couple as well), I’m ol skool in the sense that they have their place in our home and I can’t quite compare them to our trio and the joys and blunders of child-rearing.

I think most “kid owners” get this. And while kids aren’t in everyone’s wheelhouse—respectfully—whole ‘nother “organism”;)..

I've never had kids myself, so pets are as close as I get. I hate crying babies and screaming kids though, how do parents do it. I don't know what black magic parents have.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Another full day of “annual review”. It’s our annual skills competency day, and we do three separate days to make sure we get everyone.

I’m exhausted.

And my wife and daughter went to Delaware without me for a friends thanksgiving feast.

I’m in a mood.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Another full day of “annual review”. It’s our annual skills competency day, and we do three separate days to make sure we get everyone.

I’m exhausted.

And my wife and daughter went to Delaware without me for a friends thanksgiving feast.

I’m in a mood.
That blows. Are you at least off for T Day?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
Unpopular opinion; I can't stand the people that wear like dog mom shirts or post all over facebook how their pet is the same as having a kid. No it's not, it's not anywhere close. I have four kids, a dog and a cat, and I love them all, but kids and pets are not anywhere close.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Yeah, you can't put a shock collar on your kid or take them in to be euthanized when they get cancer. Sorry, you own a pet. You (are supposed to) parent a child.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I don't wear the shirts or anything. I recognize the difference of magnitude. I still call my dog, "Baby", my animals are my "kids" and all of that. But at the end of the day, I knows it's not the same.

Things will probably change if I have kids. It's just so hard to personally understand like that. You know? No matter how much you imagine being a parent, you can't know till you're one

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Bourbon Ovaltine works too, for future reference.
I just chuckled at the Ovaltine shoutout.
Can the answer just be "both". ?
Fixed it.
Unpopular opinion; I can't stand the people that wear like dog mom shirts or post all over facebook how their pet is the same as having a kid. No it's not, it's not anywhere close. I have four kids, a dog and a cat, and I love them all, but kids and pets are not anywhere close.
We’re in the same boat, and of the same mindset on this one.