the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I drove a Taco for years. Great truck. I only bought my Brodozer to pull the camper. And no IAFF sticker, so it suffers in the mountains. 🤣🤣🤣

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
My next Brodozer is going to be a 3/4 ton diesel... gotta fit the SoCAL firefighter stereotype...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
A sister HEMS base just posted this on the book of faces. That’s gonna be an interesting chart.
832F94C6-D6E5-4EE4-8630-9A814CF40655.jpeg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Nightstand complete.

Attachments

• 40A62721-A9D3-40F6-85B4-9A4DCD5AF720.jpeg
    40A62721-A9D3-40F6-85B4-9A4DCD5AF720.jpeg
    653.9 KB · Views: 141

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
That moment when you get told they need you to relieve at a different station, and while enroute, pull over for EMS going to a call in their district :/

Get to the station, sure enough the engine is out...and the parking lot is full like theres already a full crew here ...?🤔

RocketMedic

Heresy.

men route to other North Texas opportunity. Go 48.5mpg at 75!

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I know there are some gun guys on this forum…..anyone ever own (or even shoot) an M1A SOCOM 16 with any type of optics?

Thinking about a Burris 2-7x Scout Scope vs. a red dot. My M1A is the only one I've ever shot (as well as a couple Garands) and all I've ever used on it are the iron sights.

CALEMT

anyone ever own (or even shoot) an M1A SOCOM 16

I've never had any need for one... but it looks cool so therefore I want it...

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Not to be "that guy". But I'm making not even 13$/Hr and the numbers I'm looking at for cost of living aren't the best.

I found T mobile gives us 50% off. But anyone know anything about car insurance? I won't be on the family plan anymore. I'd prefer to be fully covered, uninsured, property damage, roadside, etc. Does anyone know of a place that gives discounts for that?

Trying to minimize expenditures and be cheap. I won't have health insurance for 3 months when I start on Monday, I was able to get a 3 month supply today though.

What else might I be forgetting to do or need to take into account?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
I've never had any need for one... but it looks cool so therefore I want it...
I wanted an M1A pretty much my whole adult life and bought this one about a year ago because it was a great deal on the carbine. I freakin love it. I shoot it more than all my other guns (except probably my carry pistol) combined. Don't really have any need for optics, but I'd like to accessorize a little.

CALEMT

I wanted an M1A pretty much my whole adult life and bought this one about a year ago because it was a great deal on the carbine. I freakin love it. I shoot it more than all my other guns (except probably my carry pistol) combined. Don't really have any need for optics, but I'd like to accessorize a little.

I've always wanted to trick out the SOCOM CQB... but right now the main thing I really really want is a set of ATN PS 15's... cause you know... night is right.

RocketMedic

Not to be "that guy". But I'm making not even 13$/Hr and the numbers I'm looking at for cost of living aren't the best.

I found T mobile gives us 50% off. But anyone know anything about car insurance? I won't be on the family plan anymore. I'd prefer to be fully covered, uninsured, property damage, roadside, etc. Does anyone know of a place that gives discounts for that?

Trying to minimize expenditures and be cheap. I won't have health insurance for 3 months when I start on Monday, I was able to get a 3 month supply today though.

What else might I be forgetting to do or need to take into account?

Own or finance a car? If you own it and it’s not worth much, liability only can work, but should be cheap. Phone is a necessity but you can live easily without TV, etc.
If you’re looking on your own, trailers/apartments/roommates

CALEMT

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Well, I found a roommate. Everything but food for 650.

I have pandora premium. I have insurance to cover my LTC and any legal weapon (including biting people) in self defense. I don't have Netflix or hulu it cable.

I have a snake that eats store bought mice once a week. She'll need small rats soon.

Meds. Gym membership.

I've cut down on a lot of unnecessary spending on games, food and entertainment.

Technically my parents own the car, but they confirmed they will give me the title this week. It's an 04 4 runner with about 230K miles on it. But I can't afford payments on a new car and would like full coverage, uninsured motorist, etc in case something happens.

I'm trying to trim the fat on any policy I get.

CALEMT

I'm trying to trim the fat on any policy I get.

Don't know how Texass is but I pay like $20 a month for liability on my truck in AZ.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Technically my parents own the car, but they confirmed they will give me the title this week. It's an 04 4 runner with about 230K miles on it. But I can't afford payments on a new car and would like full coverage, uninsured motorist, etc in case something happens.
But if my car gets totaled and I'm hurt...?

I'd talk to an insurance agent about what coverage you can get rid of and still cover yourself medically if that is what you are worried about. A 14 year old 4runner probably just isn't worth buying full insurance for, you might be better off saving the difference to purchase a new car eventually.

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
I had liability only on one of my old jeeps at one point, it was roughly 20% of the cost of full insurance. I could have wrecked it and bought a new one every 2-3 years and come out even.