the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It got bigger. Fire within a kilometer and its big and hot

Peak

ED/Prehospital Registered Nurse
Today and tomorrow I get to learn a topic that I'm not very comfortable with, giving chemo.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I heard back from AMR. They're sending my paperwork to corporate to get it processed. I should get an offer email in a day or so.

I don't remember the pay, but I don't think I will be able to afford living on my own.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard back from AMR. They're sending my paperwork to corporate to get it processed. I should get an offer email in a day or so.

I don't remember the pay, but I don't think I will be able to afford living on my own.
That's AMR for ya.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
With roommates. Many of us did ok with single income private EMS pay for a bit. It gets better.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
With roommates. Many of us did ok with single income private EMS pay for a bit. It gets better.

I've resigned myself to that. I've been looking.

I got chewed out by my dad for recognizing the possibility I might room with a man. He says he's shutting off my cell phone service.

KingCountyMedic

Forum Lieutenant
I've resigned myself to that. I've been looking.

I got chewed out by my dad for recognizing the possibility I might room with a man. He says he's shutting off my cell phone service.

Sounds like an outstanding guy....that's terrible. You'd think he'd want you to have the safety of cell phone service now more than ever.

I don't know anything about you or your situation so I can only give broad comments. Don't be in such a hurry to get out and live on your own unless you absolutely have to. I have 3 kids and they are all adults now but I always told them I would rather they lived with me and saved money vs. scraping to get buy and living in some crime infested apartment complex or crummy rental. If you are roommate shopping, find someone in EMS or the fire service or hospital setting. That way you have things in common and it'll probably make living together a lot easier. Good luck!

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Sounds like an outstanding guy....that's terrible. You'd think he'd want you to have the safety of cell phone service now more than ever.

I don't know anything about you or your situation so I can only give broad comments. Don't be in such a hurry to get out and live on your own unless you absolutely have to. I have 3 kids and they are all adults now but I always told them I would rather they lived with me and saved money vs. scraping to get buy and living in some crime infested apartment complex or crummy rental. If you are roommate shopping, find someone in EMS or the fire service or hospital setting. That way you have things in common and it'll probably make living together a lot easier. Good luck!

He previously told me that because I didn't finish college (a whole other argument), and other reasons, I basically deserve whatever issues I come across.

"That's what you get when..."

I've almost been kicked out twice already, they offered to take me to the women's shelter last time.

I have to go. Soon.

I owe two months of back rent, on top of that.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
He does realize you literally live with people in this job, right? The majority of which will be men....

CALEMT

I always told them I would rather they lived with me and saved money vs. scraping to get buy and living in some crime infested apartment complex or crummy rental

This. Moved out when I was 23... now I’m 25 and I own a house.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
This. Moved out when I was 23... now I’m 25 and I own a house.
Doing exactly this helped me pay tens of thousands in student debt off and build a pretty healthy amount of various assets to not have to stress about surprise expenses. Couldn't have done that otherwise.

CALEMT

My parents say I've been here too long and subsidized rent was generous enough. Their parents didn't do this for them, etc.

I paid rent... also the deal was with my parents; school or work. I also bought groceries. I didn’t have to but I helped out because I was an adult and it was the right thing to do.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I paid rent... also the deal was with my parents; school or work. I also bought groceries. I didn’t have to but I helped out because I was an adult and it was the right thing to do.

I'm not against that, but they do levy unrealistic expectations for me. I don't go out much anyway, so curfew isn't a big deal for me. But things like not being allowed to play video games at the house if my little brother lost his privileges is a bit much. Things like that.

Edit: Yes, it's their house. I get that. So I'm trying to move out.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Interviewed for FTO. Think it went well, but I'm also the youngest and least senior of everyone who applied.