the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So... is it bad that they had a guy on The Voice who's an EMT in LA, and they were doing a background spot on him that played up him driving lights and sirens and running around with a response bag... and I'm like "Hey, that's an IFT company! Doing a lot of emergent dialysis runs buddy??" 😝

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
So... is it bad that they had a guy on The Voice who's an EMT in LA, and they were doing a background spot on him that played up him driving lights and sirens and running around with a response bag... and I'm like "Hey, that's an IFT company! Doing a lot of emergent dialysis runs buddy??" 😝
He probably still sees more emergencies than 9-1-1 does, lol.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay! Company paid for several of us to take the flightbridgeed review course. Including me, I test in 7 days lol.

Guess ill cross my fingers that I pass and save that for recert hours after I pass.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Yay! Company paid for several of us to take the flightbridgeed review course. Including me, I test in 7 days lol.

Guess ill cross my fingers that I pass and save that for recert hours after I pass.
What did you use for prep material this go round?

One of our ground paramedics passed his FP-C with the FBE online course. You have to stay self motivated though, since it’s all online. I use it for free FOAM-ED since my current nurse bought it. It’s not bad.

Also, not that you’d want to but you have up until 3 tries at the exam before you’re mandated to take a review course. Just a random tidbit I’d thought I’d throw out there.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Found out recently that my department considered adding a medic flycar to increase paramedic coverage in the district before deciding to transition to ALS engines and oooof that hits in the feels. Fly car life plus FD perks would be a real dream job.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
What did you use for prep material this go round?

One of our ground paramedics passed his FP-C with the FBE online course. You have to stay self motivated though, since it’s all online. I use it for free FOAM-ED since my current nurse bought it. It’s not bad.

Also, not that you’d want to but you have up until 3 tries at the exam before you’re mandated to take a review course. Just a random tidbit I’d thought I’d throw out there.
I paid for the FBE online course when I intially interviewed for my current job and didnt get it. I also have the FBE review book, the Kyle Faudree book on PDF and the Orchid Lopez book on PDF. This will be my first attempt at the test, ive been scoring 70% on practice exams and have seen a lot of questions. Really just focusing now on the stuff I consistently missed.

The company would have reimbursed me for the FBE online review since its required for recert so really Im just saving the initial out of pocket expense for this go round.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
@PotatoMedic dude the mountains of your stake ate kicking my ***...3 days have whipped me and I still have a few more to go..also have not seen an animal larger than a squirrel, despite seeing a small group of people coming out with something.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
@PotatoMedic dude the mountains of your stake ate kicking my ***...3 days have whipped me and I still have a few more to go..also have not seen an animal larger than a squirrel, despite seeing a small group of people coming out with something.
We do have wonderful mountains. Just think of it this way. If all the lower 48 were ironed out flat Idaho would be the largest.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Went outside today and there was a nasty scent that I wasn't familiar with. Walked around the house to see if I could locate the source. Noticed the FD up the street. Went back inside and about ten minutes later there was a power outage.

Turns out there was a major gas leak about a block from my apartment. The all-clear was given by the time I read it on the local news website. The good thing is that maybe next time I smell gas I'll know what it is.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I'm contemplating making my own furniture for my house... any woodworkers on here?

CALEMT

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I'm just mainly looking for recommended tools/ items.

Lathe if you can.
Planer. Spade bits. Hole saw. Jig saw. Reciprocating saw. Radial arm saw. Table saw. Belt sander. Vibrating sander. Drill bits. Screws and glue. Speed square. Farmer's square. Level. Graph paper. Paint, brushes, primer. Paint thinner. Finishes, varnishes, polyurethane. Drill and bits. I'm trying to remember all the tools I use.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Lathe if you can.
Planer. Spade bits. Hole saw. Jig saw. Reciprocating saw. Radial arm saw. Table saw. Belt sander. Vibrating sander. Drill bits. Screws and glue. Speed square. Farmer's square. Level. Graph paper. Paint, brushes, primer. Paint thinner. Finishes, varnishes, polyurethane. Drill and bits. I'm trying to remember all the tools I use.

And here I am with a hammer, nail and stapler

CALEMT

I have a hand saw and a miter box. A jig is on the way. I also have a skill saw, drill driver and impact driver... pretty much the basics...