the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
You know why the wind blows in Oklahoma?

Cause Kansas blows and Texas sucks... go OU.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Bro, we didn't have strangers die at the Alamo for that.

I can't hear you over the sound of a Lightning Whelk in one ear and a mockingbird in the other singing the Yellow Rose of Texas while walking though a pasture of bluebonnets and Longhorns next to pecan orchards where the Armadillos like to live.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@NomadicMedic are the squad medics a permanent role, or is it still being trialed? Also, cool utilization of downtime.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
All of mine are in North Carolina or LA lol

But George Straight is always what pops into my head whenever people start talking about Texas 😅

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Ironically some of my ex's live in Texas 🤨

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
All of mine are in North Carolina or LA lol

But George Straight is always what pops into my head whenever people start talking about Texas 😅

I think ot Sam Houston, Santa Ana, Greg Abbott, William Travis, Steven F Austin. For people.

In general, I think Home, guns, my state. A place I'd fight for. I think of my fellow Texans. Those long care trips. Dr pepper and whataburger. Camping and hunting in freezing weather. The rolling hill country and pine forests that raised me. The dreadnought BB-35. Man, this state means so much to me 😭

God truly blessed me by being born here. I don't play the lottery, because other people need a chance to win, I already did.

We've had 9 flags over my home, and I'd be pretty dang okay if we became a republic again.

I could go on forever. This state is the best there ever was or will be.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Wait, I'm not done. I thought I was, but I saw this meme and now I'm not.

Attachments

• 72900234_2673610792689371_2494799335192002560_o.jpg
    72900234_2673610792689371_2494799335192002560_o.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 152

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
West Coast best coast. Texas is a gigantic dorito of disappointment and failure at higher echelons of everything.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
@NomadicMedic are the squad medics a permanent role, or is it still being trialed? Also, cool utilization of downtime.

It will be a permanent thing. The goal is to pull medics off ambulances and go back to medics in fly cars for all the ALS. We are still looking for the right people to staff the squads and it’s a big cultural shift internally. There’s battles to fight to fully implement this process, but it’s really the best way to maximize the resources.

Pennsylvania EMS is like nothing I’ve ever seen before and finding ways to go about navigating the various political and regulatory hurdles is an ongoing education for me.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
It will be a permanent thing. The goal is to pull medics off ambulances and go back to medics in fly cars for all the ALS. We are still looking for the right people to staff the squads and it’s a big cultural shift internally. There’s battles to fight to fully implement this process, but it’s really the best way to maximize the resources.

Pennsylvania EMS is like nothing I’ve ever seen before and finding ways to go about navigating the various political and regulatory hurdles is an ongoing education for me.

What’s the Pennsylvania take on ALS assessment and treatment but BLS transport?

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
What’s the Pennsylvania take on ALS assessment and treatment but BLS transport?

Depends on what you mean. If there’s ALS interventions going on, the medic hops on board the BLS truck and rides. If it’s an ALS assessment and determined to be BLS, the medic downgrades it. A medic can also downgrade to an AEMT, who can do symptom management with Zofran, breathing treatments, that sort of thing. That’s where eventually see the system moving.