the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Pretty sure the wheel bearings on my truck are shot.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, none of my bids for OT this upcoming 4 days got approved :(
Looks like if I want the $$ I'll have to sign up for "Day of", which is essentially a crapshoot of whatever openings are left after the bids are filled...you sign up for the day, no idea where you might work, and they call you up the morning of that shift and say you're going to X, Y, or Z..

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Dang, none of my bids for OT this upcoming 4 days got approved :(
Looks like if I want the $$ I'll have to sign up for "Day of", which is essentially a crapshoot of whatever openings are left after the bids are filled...you sign up for the day, no idea where you might work, and they call you up the morning of that shift and say you're going to X, Y, or Z..
You might actually get to do more than a single call.;)

CALEMT

Dang, none of my bids for OT this upcoming 4 days got approved

Come and work where I’m at. Granted you need a p card but the overtime is there wether you want it or not.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Come and work where I’m at. Granted you need a p card but the overtime is there wether you want it or not.
The OT is here too...I just didn't get my picks in the bid system...if I sign up Day Of, I'm pretty much guaranteed to get something...I just don't know what or where till the Day Of lol

Besides I don't even have a B card anymore lol, just NR :p

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
But OT woes asside....I just bought a new pair of running shoes today, finally replacing the last I've had since before Academy (and are barely hanging on avoiding falling apart lol)

Oh and DLNR (Dept. of Land and Natural Resources) is having an Annual Hunting and Fishing Day, where besides classes and signing up for permits, there's shooting exhibits (but some raffle tickets to exchange for a number of shots out of various shotguns, rifles, pistols...I got to do some trap shooting, AR, .45 pistol, and even .38 revolver so far today)

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Things I did today:
Washed a lot of trucks
Held a press conference regarding the implementation of TXA
Went waaaay down an embankment to get a motorcyle rider and haul him back up plus ketamine
Precepted a new employee at the bottom of said embankment
Gave a new personal record of 14mg of Morphine to one patient
Alternatively destinated a psych patient to an actual psych facility

Fire ain't got nothing on the "all hazards line."

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm doing an ACLS-EP class... :/

CALEMT

I’m in a ICS 200 class...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I'm awake... haven't started work yet. ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It has been amazing having lectures and information provided to us by huge names in the world of CCT/HEMS. Only 2 days left before I’m back home.

CALEMT

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Really want a Maxillofacial sheild for my helmet but really don't want to pay $500 for one.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
FB_IMG_1537298403845.jpg

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Really want a Maxillofacial sheild for my helmet but really don't want to pay $500 for one.

They're 500 bucks? Wow I never imagined. What are they made of unicorn horn.