the 100% directionless thread

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Arrived on scene to learn that PD popped PT with 24mg of Narcan IN

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
@Old Tracker kid was trying too hard, felt a numbness and paralysis of his legs with a sudden back pain. Passed the nail bed test.

@DesertMedic66 is it that common there that a training program gets used?
From what they said they have done training for a handful of other fire departments.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
When your getting into the engine after finishing a fire prevention inspection and a homeless guy decides to lay down on the ground two feet in front of the engine to flag you down, so you call EMS, do an assessment and when the ambulance arrives he starts yelling and cussing at the medic and EMT because although he wanted to go to the hospital, didnt wamt to actually stand up and get into the gurney...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
33728691_2064715747075129_3019948542706843648_n.jpg

Lo2w

Forum Captain
@Lo2w Using exuberance to make up for lack of technique.:rolleyes:

A for effort but my medic and I had to clarify I think 3 times to make sure we heard right.

We carry the 2MG for either IN/IM as well as a 4MG auto for IN. Most of the fire and PD first response have moved to the 4mg. So when they said "6 narcan" we were like, "ugh...pink or white?"

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
A for effort but my medic and I had to clarify I think 3 times to make sure we heard right.

We carry the 2MG for either IN/IM as well as a 4MG auto for IN. Most of the fire and PD first response have moved to the 4mg. So when they said "6 narcan" we were like, "ugh...pink or white?"

Never mind the dosage, I think I would have had a hard time not laughing at the dude.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Got a new balun for my HF ham rig and so far, it seems to work reasonably well. Of the bands I've tried it on, my radio's onboard tuner can't find a match on any 15M frequency. Everything else gets a match within about 1 second. Still getting quite a bit of noise but I'll work on getting rid of the QRM on another day. Also I'm thinking of picking up an extra shift today (Saturday). I'm probably going to try to pick up 3 shifts every 2 weeks... maybe for the next few months. Got some expensive stuff coming down the pike...

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Debating joining Costco vs Sam's Club.

Tgeres 4 Costcos on the island vs. 2 Sam's Clubs (both Sam's near-ish to a Costco). All 4 Costcos have gas lames, only 1 Sam's does...but the one that dies is the one that's closer to me than any of the Costcos and quite frankly that's like THE main thing I wanna use my membership for at either place lol.

Plus Sam's membership is $45 vs $60 for Costco

My family all have Costco memberships and that's why I was first thinking about them...but now I'm leaning towards joining Sam's Club lol
Groupon it, my dude. Last I checked Sam's was 25 on there.
And yep I came back from a 2 year hiatus to tell someone to Groupon.
Try to keep myself browsing here every once in a while, but I got out of ems. Debating on whether or not to get back into it .
How's everyone been?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
It will always blow my mind that the 1 person in a very small group I recommend go to a higher level hospital insist on going to the community hospital that ships so much out....I don't do that often dammit, just listen.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Should’ve resurrected a thread from like 2010 to tell people that you’re not dead. Missed opportunities my man...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Groupon it, my dude. Last I checked Sam's was 25 on there.
Try to keep myself browsing here every once in a while, but I got out of ems. Debating on whether or not to get back into it .
How's everyone been?
I actually used Groupon to get the Costco membership lol

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Our neighbor station got a brand new, 2018 KME engine and my station is still in a 1990 Seagrave engine lol