the 100% directionless thread

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Gucci gang or nothing... I've always wondered how the crye pants are, they look like a good/ comfortable fit.

They are some of the most comfortable pants I own and are very well designed with great features. Stupid expensive but worth it, especially if you really need them. I just have them to look tacticool and pew pew on the weekends.

If you can pick up a pair of Navy G3 LAC Fields for a decent price they would probably be great EMS pants.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I just have them to look tacticool and pew pew on the weekends.

At least you're honest lol. My pew pew pants are 5.11 apex pants. Mainly use them for the AR mag pockets in the rear and the AR mag cargo pockets.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
My pew pew pants are Levi's....
Same with me. Haven’t needed anything more.

I would like to thank you guys for reminding me about govx, I was able to get some darn tough socks for work at 43% off which is amazing.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Same with me. Haven’t needed anything more.

I would like to thank you guys for reminding me about govx, I was able to get some darn tough socks for work at 43% off which is amazing.
I need work socks... My nails are daggers if I don't trim there every other day.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Definitely the day after a full moon and 3 day holiday weekend.

Our one ER was stacking them in the trauma bays when they ran out of room.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, no amberlamps for a while*.

Messed up my foot running & struck down with 1st MTP capsulitis. Damn you, bunion!

*I am rarely glad that my primary job is not EMS. This is the one time. And this is why EMS needs good labor practices!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
33546092_731926150531049_577833453915996160_n.jpg

Open Femur Fracture. Massive swelling of the thigh with active external hemorrhage. Likely transected the Femoral Vein or Artery. it was a continuous brisk bleed but not obviously pulsatile. The patient was shocky and hypotensive in the 40s tho . Two CAT tourniquets and direct pressure. TXA, Bicarb, a 14g IV and 2L of fluid. Got a REBOA on arrival to the ER. Most of the blood was on my flight suit.... The clean up was not fun. Had to scrub out the tracks.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I've heard of Bicarb for head injuries, what's it's place in hemorrhage such as this?

Patient was entrapped for about 45mins with extremities crushed. Technically our Crush Injury Protocol is two extremeites for one hour or one extremity for two hours extremeites but since we went straight from entrapment to tourniquet i thought Bicarb was warranted. Just to prevent subsequent hyperkalemia and renal failure from Rhabdo.

Probably would have bled to death if he wasn't entrapped so bad.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Patient was entrapped for about 45mins with extremities crushed. Technically our Crush Injury Protocol is two extremeites for one hour or one extremity for two hours extremeites but since we went straight from entrapment to tourniquet i thought Bicarb was warranted. Just to prevent subsequent hyperkalemia and renal failure from Rhabdo.

Probably would have bled to death if he wasn't entrapped so bad.
Duh. Brain was thinking impact like ped vs car. I thought you were carrying some form of blood products now?

Lo2w

Forum Captain
Thought I might have to work on my day off when chunks of plaster started falling off the ceiling watching Solo at the theater today.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Contemplating taking an OT shift today... though if I do, that means I'll be workin' 5 in a row.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Alternative-pilots-1aa.jpg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Contemplating taking an OT shift today... though if I do, that means I'll be workin' 5 in a row.
They (the Bn. Chiefs office) will call at like 0630-0700 asking for people to hold over 4, 6, 8, even 12 hours that day (shift change is 0800), sometimes at neighboring stations. Especially on the one day break in between shifts I had been real hesitant to accept...until I did and saw my check...now I'm like "Do I have a reason NOT to holdover?" Lol

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I shouldn't know some patients so well I can look at a patient and go "oh...and seizure in 5, 4, 3,....". Alcohol isn't a keppra substitute dammit.