the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well I survived death by PowerPoint in my new hire orientation.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
The event company that I USED TO work for still hasn't paid me for an event I worked in October. They have sent me two checks, both of which have bounced, and that has cost me $24 in bank fees. I told them I want to be paid by Zelle or PayPal, but they sent a third check. There is no way I'm going to trust that option. They won't even respond to me anymore. Am I frustrated and angry? YES. Will I ever work for them again? NOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, that's shift #3 without a call :confused: (though I did get a call whilst holding over on a shift last week, but it wasn't my shift, so...) We did do a drill involving flowing water out of the deck gun and preconnect attack line...yeah whens it's been 5-6 months since we covered that in academy I realized there was a lot of technique I forgot ha:oops:

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Welp, that's shift #3 without a call :confused: (though I did get a call whilst holding over on a shift last week, but it wasn't my shift, so...) We did do a drill involving flowing water out of the deck gun and preconnect attack line...yeah whens it's been 5-6 months since we covered that in academy I realized there was a lot of technique I forgot ha:oops:
No calls? What's that? Found you a sunset station already I see.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
The event company that I USED TO work for still hasn't paid me for an event I worked in October. They have sent me two checks, both of which have bounced, and that has cost me $24 in bank fees. I told them I want to be paid by Zelle or PayPal, but they sent a third check. There is no way I'm going to trust that option. They won't even respond to me anymore. Am I frustrated and angry? YES. Will I ever work for them again? NOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Go to the bank listed on the check and ask them if they can verify it and cash it for you.

terrible one

Always wandering

Oh man I’d go crazy! Do you guys have busy stations there?

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent

Dude, go to law school in your spare time....

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Did you use all of your GI bill yet? You can do all your homework on shift!
I was just thinking that if I could still get BAH from the GI Bill that could almost completely eliminate the need for that Uber side gig which would be really nice lol! But yrah, no, that's def something I should seriously think about finding someone who can actually talk me thru the regs on that...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Coulda, shoulda, woulda done fire science classes at the same time as the firefighting portion of Academy, was already sitting thru classroom lecture and lab lol!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I was just thinking that if I could still get BAH from the GI Bill that could almost completely eliminate the need for that Uber side gig which would be really nice lol! But yrah, no, that's def something I should seriously think about finding someone who can actually talk me thru the regs on that...

Coulda, shoulda, woulda done fire science classes at the same time as the firefighting portion of Academy, was already sitting thru classroom lecture and lab lol!

Credential evaluation works wonders - lots of schools give credit for prior learning like fire academies.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I must admit: wildland fire stuff is way moar rad than I ever would of thought...he says as it snows.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Put pt on 4 leak. Sad looking 4 lead with a rate of 40. Do a 12 because dialysis. P waves gone and nice pointy t waves, no QRS changes yet though. Talked to some friends there later and dude man had a K of 8.5.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
have yet to see anything above 160-170 in an adult. 220 must feel awful.

Last time she was seen was last Saturday. Found her on the floor. A/O x3 and when I got her in the back of the rig I thought the leads were on wrong lol. Pressure was 80/50.