1. Tired of seeing ads? Click here to register today and the ads go away. It's completely FREE, too!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Can't find what you're looking for? Use the search bar in the upper right corner.
    Dismiss Notice

the 100% directionless thread

Discussion in 'EMS Lounge' started by KEVD18, Dec 11, 2008.

1. DrParasite

DrParasite The fire extinguisher is not just for show

go available, tell the cops to call you back when they have secured the scene.

plenty of other people need your help, and in the cities, a non-violent psych is a not a high priority call.

2. Lo2w

Lo2w Forum Lieutenant

Education:
    EMT
    If only...

3. PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic Has no idea what I'm doing.

Education:
    Paramedic
    Stage. No ifs ands or buts. I like going home to my wife and kid.

CANMAN and DesertMedic66 like this.
  4. Jim37F

Jim37F Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    EMT
    My last company, if we were instructed by dispatch to stage, we were expected to stage until cleared to enter by LE or Fire (the engine co in my old first in area oftened ignored staging instructions and would go on scene anyway....) If NOT told to stage, we were expected to go on scene and make patient contact like normal, though we were of course allowed to exercise discretion and back out if need be. In a case like this where you might expect to stage, but were not instructed to do so, they'd often say "No staging instructions, approach with caution".
    (One time there was a shooting 2 blocks from our station, we were returning from the hospital listening in as our sister unit at station got the call...they got the approach with caution instructions and went and made scene...and then dispatch tried to tell them to stage...after making patient contact...they exercised their discretion, saying they werent in any more danger than parked a block away and stayed on scene ha)

5. StCEMT

StCEMT Forum Deputy Chief

Education:
    Paramedic
    Aaaand now I have a referral with a orthopedics doc since the PA thinks I might have a wee labrum tear. Guess my time out of the gym is about to get longer.:mad:

6. StCEMT

Education:
    Paramedic
    So follow up on that hyperkalemia guy. We don't actually have a protocol for it (part of why I wasn't as aggressive as I wanted to be), so I've talked to my Chief and am now to draft a hyperkalemia protocol.

Aprz and Flying like this.
  7. Jim37F

Education:
    EMT
    Hmm...taking the plunge and signing up for Twitter lol

I just need a username. My old Army MOS, 37Fox doesn't really apply to me much anymore as that phase is over....

So I'm officially soliciting username ideas from the peanut gallery lol (cue the "Jimmy McJimmyFace" entries hahaha)

8. CALEMT

CALEMT The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Education:
    Paramedic
    2008 called... it wants it social media back... @JimBobMcFirefighterFace

9. Jim37F

Education:
    EMT
    Just don't expect me taking pics for "the Gram" anytime soon lol

10. MMohler

MMohler Forum Crew Member

Education:
    EMT
    PSA...Heat is on netflix

11. StCEMT

Education:
    Paramedic
    Well doctor man says he doesn't see any tears in my shoulder....still no idea why it hurts lifting to the side.....cool....

12. RocketMedic

RocketMedic Just Like Otters!

Education:
    Paramedic
    Hmm....MCHD is hiring with a base salary of $60.5k and they pay extra for fancy book learning...hmm.

I hear rumors of a pay raise, but I have yet to see one...hmm.

NomadicMedic likes this.
  13. Jim37F

Education:
    EMT
    The amount of food I cooked for a single engine company last night: 20180413_170727.jpg
    Aaaaannnd what was left over: FB_IMG_1523743803699.jpg

PotatoMedic and VentMonkey like this.
  14. cruiseforever

cruiseforever Forum Captain

15+ inches of snow. I am so over winter.

15. terrible one

terrible one Always wandering

Education:
    Paramedic
    Had a pt with a STEMI and a possible CVA.... stroke center or stemi center that is the question...

16. Chimpie

Chimpie Site Administrator Community Leader

Education:
    MFR
    That's not being a PIO, that's being a Communications Coordinator. There's a difference. Both are important, but are different.

The PIO is going to be in front of the camera, pushing information out to the public.

The Communications Coordinator will be presented with an issue, find the subject matter expert, and craft a message so they (the expert) can go in front of the cameras.

17. CANMAN

CANMAN Forum Asst. Chief

STEMI center. If the MI is indeed a STEMI and confirmed then that will likely kill them quicker then a "possible" CVA.

18. terrible one

terrible one Always wandering

Education:
    Paramedic
    Ya we ended up going stemi, it was a discussion since the pt went unconscious suddenly with a blown right pupil and fixed gaze to the right. We were thinking hemorrhagic stroke, but we went cardiac route anyway.

19. PotatoMedic

PotatoMedic Has no idea what I'm doing.

Education:
    Paramedic
    Yeah for out two major hospitals being both cardiac and stroke centers.

20. PandaNin

PandaNin Forum Ride Along

Education:
    EMT
    I cooked breakfast Sunday. This was the first batch of two.

Attached Files: