the 100% directionless thread

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
....and T-7 days until I take my MCAT. It appears as though one cannot ever truly feel ready to take it....but I can't wait for this to be over :confused:
Well, do your best and when the day comes, take it one problem at a time or you'll let it overwhelm you and win... Dominate the MCAT you must, focus you will.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know if I am excited to go back and get into medic again or not. On one hand, its kinda fun....sometimes...on the other hand, free home cooked meals...
Where is this magical place that provides free home cooked meals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Yay! Someone brought the hungry EMT a cupcake!

20160513_202219.jpg

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

You've had it......or you haven't. It truly is a game changer.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

You've had it......or you haven't. It truly is a game changer.
I just had a bottle a few nights back. Amazing beer. Almost anything they do is great.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Everyone, don't let yourselves got complacent out there. Stay on your toes and don't get lazy, because it will come back to bite you (or not really you, but your patient). Tough to see how a medic handled an IFT today and watching the sequelae

terrible one

Always wandering
Waiting for certain departments to open up for apps seems to take forever sometimes....
Oh well, opening another beer

EMT2015

Forum Captain
Trying to figure out if I can go to EMS World Expo this year.....

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I see Acadian is offering $15,000 bonuses for Southwest LA and Beaumont, 10k for Houston and surrounding areas, and 5K for DFW and San Antonio. Someone's both expanding and having significant retention/recruiting issues...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
So I'm on Day 9 of the UMBC CCEMTP course (offered and taught by UTHealth and HCEC) and it's a good presentation, but someone really needs to reformat the course. Death by Powerpoint is a horrible way to teach anything.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When you get a lift from flight to go find some hypothermic hikers with their night vision on an early Friday morning and then have your paramedic school "graduation" Saturday.

Mmhm do like.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
14 miles in the rain- a good way to blow off some stress :)

Gurby

Forum Asst. Chief
Everyone, don't let yourselves got complacent out there. Stay on your toes and don't get lazy, because it will come back to bite you (or not really you, but your patient). Tough to see how a medic handled an IFT today and watching the sequelae

I think it has a pretty good chance of biting you too if you really screw something up.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
I think it has a pretty good chance of biting you too if you really screw something up.
Yeah, but ultimately, the patient is going to be dead and realistically at worst, you will have you license pulled.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hmm the Google voice to text actually isn't half bad for transcribing a narrative. Now to figure out the easiest way to get it transferred over to a chart