the 100% directionless thread

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
So my Mom's laptop automatically updated to Windows 10, so guess who got drafted into walking her through it including using Edge (Microsoft's replacement for Internet Explorer), downloading and using Chrome to access her email and download an attachment and opening it up in Word and.....lol

Welcome to my world.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
So my Mom's laptop automatically updated to Windows 10, so guess who got drafted into walking her through it including using Edge (Microsoft's replacement for Internet Explorer), downloading and using Chrome to access her email and download an attachment and opening it up in Word and.....lol
That sucks, the other day I caught mine 5 mins before the automatic update. I've heard that downgrading back to windows 7 or 8 really messes up your computer, and I really don't have the money to go buy a new one.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I downgraded a bunch of machines at work back to win 7 pro with no issues. 10 isn't stable for the software I use.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Ketamine is like truth serum. 90 seconds in and they start singing like birds.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
It's not so much that we like or dislike Windows 10 vs 8 (I kinda like 10 over 8), its just Mom isn't the most computer literate person and when everything changed, names, locations, had to change default.....I had to show her how to set up AOL as her home page whenever she opened the internet lol (at the very least she didn't try to continue using IE hahaha)

I had to show her how to set up AOL as her home page whenever she opened the internet

You mean to tell me AOL still exists?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You mean to tell me AOL still exists?
Hahahaha we may or may not (I plead the 5th here) still be using the same AOL email accounts we set up when I was still in high school ten years ago because it works well enough and simply been to lazy to go through all my various accounts to change email addresses hahaha....but thats just conjecture and hearsay ;)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
My regular partner picked up an OT shift today, special even coverage for an Armed Forces Day Parade...kinda wish I joined him on that, he's posting some pretty cool stuff on Snapchat of the parade lol That and the External Tank-94 is rolling right through our service area enroute to the California Science Center so I wish I could be there to see that! Got to see the Shuttle Endeavor when it came in a couple years back

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yay AMLS instructor update... I'm actually looking forward to this new version

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We need ketamine badly. Only the Spec Ops guys have it right now.
We just got it approved. Along with getting rid of morphine and valium, adding ativan, adding haldol, and adding an antibiotic (most likely rocephin). Plus a mechanical cpr device for each truck and a new vent for each truck. Now if I could convince them to get us ultrasound...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate when people come onto a scene I am on and piss my patient off or just get them riled up in any way. Way to try to piss away the rapport I had built with the patient. :mad:

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Meanwhile I really love it when me and my partner take an early call yesterday morning for the off going crew 25 min before scheduled shift change (we're allowed to do so up to 30 min prior), I was in the rig doing a checkout so I didn't have time to clock in before. And even though I wrote that in my note to the scheduler when I was able to punch in 1hr 15min after official start of shift time, I still get a message today when clocking out that my hours were being modified from 24 to 24hr 45 because of the late clock in....:mad:
Like nooo....you guys actually owe me a few min extra, not less....

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My reaction when chief complaint is facial numbness from her new medication (Lidocaine).
picard-facepalm-face-palm-590x330.jpg

Progression when I call and I get maybe 15 words into the call to the hospital and they stop me and ask "Is this E? K see ya when you get here".
PicardPalm.jpg

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
What kind of vents are you getting, and can you shoot me some logic for the ABX? We're thinking that way ourselves.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
10 mile mountain bike ride today, 11 mile ride last week and 13 miles the previous week. When does the downhill bike park open up again?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
10 mile mountain bike ride today, 11 mile ride last week and 13 miles the previous week. When does the downhill bike park open up again?
When you become a man

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?