the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I am happy for 3/6/15, but dread today.

BlueJayMedic

Interrupting natural selection since 2010
We don't have paralytics. It's first line for intubation when you don't have oral access (trismus,etc). It can also be done in people with intact gag reflexes. It can be done in patients with a CHF exacterbation while sitting, since they won't tolerate laying flat. obviously contraindicated in facial trauma (same contraindications as an NPA). They do need to have spontaneous respirations to nasally intubate. So its not used in codes. But in codes oral intubation usually works fine ( no gag reflex, etc). If not, supraglottic. But in living people, nasal typically works fine if you had a failed oral intubation attempt. If that makes sense.
We have the same nasal ETI protocol up here, no paralytics.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Started off in a soft brace, 2 weeks later was casted. Surgical repair 3 days later, then casted for 2 more weeks. Then a new brace that limits thumb movement.
I'm not entirely sure how my follow up is going to work. My hip surgeon actually is a col that does processing for MEPS and were trying to work out my enlistment details.

Angel

Paramedic
got our butts handed to us last night. Got off almost 2 hours late....not a fan...ONE more shift then some days off!

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Going into storm deployment mode tonight. I'm working my first 24 since 2012 and it's a reverse :/ Cooler is packed, movies loaded onto iPad, Kindle is charged, and I'm ready to do this thing!

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Going into storm deployment mode tonight. I'm working my first 24 since 2012 and it's a reverse :/ Cooler is packed, movies loaded onto iPad, Kindle is charged, and I'm ready to do this thing!

Going in at night for a 24 sucks. Stay warm and safe.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
Soooo close to it snowing here. I just wanna see the white stuff once a winter. The iPhone literally shows "32 degrees. Freezing rain". The fudge is freezing rain???

PeacefulIce

Forum Probie
Soooo close to it snowing here. I just wanna see the white stuff once a winter. The iPhone literally shows "32 degrees. Freezing rain". The fudge is freezing rain???.

What I've not understood is how something can fall as liquid when the temperature is below freezing. However it's possible, I'm sitting in the middle of a winter storm compromised of freezing rain. I'd much prefer snow...

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
2 weeks notice in...12k pay raise, pension, benefits, sweet protocols and excellent ethic.

Reactions: Rin

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
About an hour away from finishing off a 36 hour shift (Ok well technically a 24 hour shift straight into my normal 12 but still :p ). Yesterday was brutal...14 calls total, 7 of those dispatched after 11pm. Today's been better, 5 calls so far. Definitely will be glad to get off lol. Our dept has guys volunteer to help cook breakfast at a local shelter, and I signed up for that last week, so waking up at 4am for that won't exactly be fun, but at least I'll get to go home and sleep after getting some much needed volunteer hours

if.there.is.a.god.please.no.more.snow.

Send it to my neck of the woods!
No, send it to our aquifers, I just love how we're in a record drought while the rest of the country has too much water...if they can build transcontinental oil pipelines, why can't they build something where excess water/snow from the east coast can be pumped to the west? If someone could figure out a way to make money off that I bet it'd be done in a heartbeat lol

Everyone on the road took their stupid pill this morning. Every call multiple different times people lose their brain when they see an ambulance coming their way. They should add lights and sirens behind people in driving tests to get their license.
I've actually said it before to my partners (usually just after witnessing someone doing something incredibly stupid while we're responding) that just like our certs, a drivers license renewal needs to have CE's and a refresher course requirement lol