the 100% directionless thread

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
You have up to $15k to spend on a car that gets decent gas mileage that will haul up to four people, each with one suitcase, comfortably for a 100 mile drive once a week. What do you buy?

I presume your aiming for used on that budget.

Buick, Chevy Equoinox, Ford Five Hundred. or the GMC Acadia.

Some of your luxury imports like Lexus and German cars are great. But a bit more pricey.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Thank gosh for the application Find My Phone and OtterBox.

Phone accidentally fell out of the rig at post. Didn't realize it until 10 minutes later at another post. Track the phone down and it is half pushed down into dirt due to it being ran over.

MrJones

Iconoclast
You have up to $15k to spend on a car that gets decent gas mileage that will haul up to four people, each with one suitcase, comfortably for a 100 mile drive once a week. What do you buy?

Don't forget to budget for the inevitable repairs/replacements that you'll have with any used vehicle. They can run up to 25% or more of what you pay for the vehicle.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

A used subaru outback with less than 75k miles.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Had a little fun with a tourist from the UK today. Jokingly mentioned it felt like earthquake weather and quickly had him convinced that somehow warm winter weather affected plate tectonics. Glad to know us Americans aren't the only dumb ones out there.

UnkiEMT

Forum Truck Monkey
Premium Member
Had a little fun with a tourist from the UK today. Jokingly mentioned it felt like earthquake weather and quickly had him convinced that somehow warm winter weather affected plate tectonics. Glad to know us Americans aren't the only dumb ones out there.

Wait! The weather doesn't affect plate tectonics?

Man, the California public school system really screwed me over.

CFal

Forum Captain
a used Saab is the perfect car, resale value is depressed so for the money you get a better car than Honda or Toyota.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
a used Saab is the perfect car, resale value is depressed so for the money you get a better car than Honda or Toyota.

I'm selling my swag wag with 175k miles on it for 4k, I feel like my resale value is doing alright.

JPINFV

Gadfly
You know... I've never got to experience a snow day. Growing up in California sucks...

Anjel

Forum Angel

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You east coasters are pansies.

It's a little weather.

In other news the lady is gone for the day with a friend....I need to get my *** off the couch and do something productive with my life. What should I have for breakfast? Hah

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief

It's a little weather.

In other news the lady is gone for the day with a friend....I need to get my *** off the couch and do something productive with my life. What should I have for breakfast? Hah

I would just wait for lunch. So many better options...

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief

It's a little weather.

Pfft, I don't mind the cold,, Its always the wind that gets me. If I am out on a quad or snow mobile or things like that the wind is ok. But when theirs that mighty wind chill it kicks my ***

I would just wait for lunch. So many better options...

And skip out on the most important meal of the day??? Not likely, we have a small little resturaunt across from our base, Full breakfast, Eggs, choice of Meat, Home fries toast and can wash it down with coffee or milk. 5 bucks. You really can't beat it

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
5 bucks here will only get you a soda and chips ... Cali is to expensive .... I miss back in the days where combos were 3 bucks and gas was 1.50/g

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief

Newest, lowest mileage Lexus LS sedan you can find. Super reliable, comfortable, gas mileage near 30mpg on the road with room and power to spare.