the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Sitting in yearly CE for the week.

Was completely zoned out (no new information), when I just happened to notice the title of the slide that read "HIPPA". When I questioned the instructor about what HIPPA stood for, he couldn't answer. He got stuck on what the second P could mean... :lol:

Then, he proceeds to present a "true" bogus story about a "HIPPA" violation, that included the amounts of the fines that various people incurred (people that don't even fall under HIPAA)

Somebody shoot me. I have to listen to this crap all week long. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sitting in yearly CE for the week.

Was completely zoned out (no new information), when I just happened to notice the title of the slide that read "HIPPA". When I questioned the instructor about what HIPPA stood for, he couldn't answer. He got stuck on what the second P could mean... :lol:

Then, he proceeds to present a "true" bogus story about a "HIPPA" violation, that included the amounts of the fines that various people incurred (people that don't even fall under HIPAA)

Somebody shoot me. I have to listen to this crap all week long. :glare:

Those people might not fall under HIPAA but maybe they do fall under HIPPA :p

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
1600-0200 is a shift I could definitely get used to.

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
So apparently somebody from yellow watch is having an affair with somebody from green watch and somebody on blue watch told me but said to keep it hush because somebody's wife doesn't know and such ...

Makes me giggle and think everything might turn a bit brown if things get found out

The things people get themselves into ...

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
So apparently somebody from yellow watch is having an affair with somebody from green watch and somebody on blue watch told me

Reminds me of the speech I used to get on retreats as a teenager: "This is the girls' floor, and this is the boys' floor; pink for the girls, blue for the boys. No purpling!"

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh. So the doa I ran 2 years ago that was a murder is finally up for trial this week.

Jury selection Wednesday and start with us thursday morning.

I really hope this starts on time and doesn't get delayed. We've had plans for this weekend for the last 2 months and if this case moves a day I'm screwed.

Dude needs to plea out and no trial lol

MassEMT-B

Forum Captain
I didn't know where else to put this so yea. I have these old EMS boots. Is they are still in decent condition. Is it worth it to clean them and use them for other purposes? If so what's the best to clean them with that won't ruin the boots.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I didn't know where else to put this so yea. I have these old EMS boots. Is they are still in decent condition. Is it worth it to clean them and use them for other purposes? If so what's the best to clean them with that won't ruin the boots.

Acid :ph34r:

If the boots are good for hiking then use them for that. If they are good to get dirty wear them when your feet/legs might get dirty. If they still look good use them as a spare/back up pair of work boots incase something happens to your main pair.

To clean them I honestly have no idea what's best. For my old work boots I got all the polish off them using steam. Then I wiped the whole boot down a couple of times with bleach. Then I used some leather conditioner I found at work followed by a couple of coats of new polish.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic

What, you didn't want to start another boot thread? If they're no longer watertight, toss 'em. Otherwise, warm water, a little detergent, a soft brush, and a quick coat of polish, and then you can use them for yard work or muddy days. If you've gotten anything especially icky on them, change out the laces, too.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Damn it... Poo-Holes... you don't always hit home runs and you can't make that sort of baserunning mistake that allows you to be double upped on a ball hit to deep left center field. Why are we paying you so much again?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Damn it... Poo-Holes... you don't always hit home runs and you can't make that sort of baserunning mistake that allows you to be double upped on a ball hit to deep left center field. Why are we paying you so much again?

Yeah, I don't understand basketball either.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse

I am so glad we didn't agree to his absurd contract. Have fun with that

JPINFV

Gadfly
Yeah, I don't understand basketball either.
220px-Baseketball.jpg

JPINFV

Gadfly
Once again some kind of a picture or meme for everything haha.

Are you still at ARMC?

Not for a couple of months. I have a week and a half left at RCRMC for anesthesiology, followed by a month vacation, and a month doing OMM at my schools clinic. Then I return in the middle of June to ARMC for a pain management rotation.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Stopped at the station last night to fill out payroll, and drop off my Dr. "return to work" slip.
Talked to the medic on duty. Turns out it was a quiet day. No calls in a 24 hr period. I slipped up and said "I hope it stays quiet for the remainder of the day"... for him.
Not more than 2 minutes later, tones go off for a 45 yo F PNB.... As the medic is walking past me to the vehicle bay....He is muttering about me being an a$$hole.
Whoops....my bad. :D

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Stopped at the station last night to fill out payroll, and drop off my Dr. "return to work" slip.
Talked to the medic on duty. Turns out it was a quiet day. No calls in a 24 hr period. I slipped up and said "I hope it stays quiet for the remainder of the day"... for him.
Not more than 2 minutes later, tones go off for a 45 yo F PNB.... As the medic is walking past me to the vehicle bay....He is muttering about me being an a$$hole.
Whoops....my bad. :D

I would shoot myself if we were ever that slow.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I would shoot myself if we were ever that slow.

Same here. I moved had to move to our busiest station because I was getting bored from 7-8 per day.