the 100% directionless thread

SSwain

Forum Captain
Same here. I moved had to move to our busiest station because I was getting bored from 7-8 per day.

My station averages 3-4 per day. Keep in mind, it is in a village of 5K people, and serving a rural area of 3K.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
My station averages 3-4 per day. Keep in mind, it is in a village of 5K people, and serving a rural area of 3K.

15-20 for me. Keep in mind, it's in the 7th largest city in the country :p I'm currently still in Fire; our EMS can be a bit busier.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I am the best/worst white cloud ever. We ran three calls in 36 hours. One was a cancel too. I'm about done with my trainee time and in 72 hours I have run a total of seven calls. They were all sick patients but still it's tough to learn with that volume. We're normally busier I'm told (1 ambulance covering about 15k people and one covering about 5k at a substation so the numbers are there to be somewhat steady.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
There are 4 glucometers in my ambulance today. I guess we are expecting a sugary day today.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
My husband has a PT test this weekend, and height and weight taping.

I'm trying to talk him into getting a colonic hydrotherapy flush, but he's refusing. Big baby.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Officially ACLS certified. Can Iz Runz Ze Codez nowz?

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Zoll ePCR rollout next month...I feel much failure and gnashing of teeth.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Our first today was 527 bgl ....

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
My EMT just learned the very valuable lesson of why we don't like to kneel on other peoples' beds. :rofl:

And last week she learned why I have the rule "We don't take off a homeless person's shoes. Ever." Guy had sore feet and she thought we ought to check to make sure, so I let her... the memory of her retching and running away still brings a smile to my face.

Ah, it can be fun to have a newbie partner sometimes...

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Just got told I am moving over to 911 at the beginning of May! No more IFT for me!!! Super excited. It's a pay raise too. :D

When a doctor says you said all the right things and then some in your report, and is even more impressed when you say you have physician aspirations....that's a good feeling. Now, it's time for a brewsky.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Usually it's the other way around.

That sucks for your area haha.

I've talked to all the BLS crews from other companies and they make less than my 911/IFT company pays us.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
And our second one was 411!