the 100% directionless thread

Achilles

Forum Moron
What about a stickie within a stickie? Like inception with a dream inside a dream. Make one stickie at the top that says something like "New? look here first" and then have multiple threads inside that may be useful.

Mind blown :rolleyes:

"Ok then":rolleyes:

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Who said anything about cluttering the top of every forum (besides you) I said "make a sticky" (not plural whatsoever) in a sub forum. New members use the Introduction thread, is that good enough for you to prove that new members use the stickies or would you like something more convincing. If so, put a "starting emt basic class" or something like that.

Not trying to be rude, but what you said is not entirely true.

Not all members use the introduction sticky, nor do they use the state EMS office sticky, nor the EMTLife Abstract sticky and the associated Answers about the new forum sticky.

My point about using the plural of sticky is that several forums already have multiple stickies at the top of them, and adding more only pushes the active topics further down the page.

That being said, if we see a good, vibrant thread about a topic that we feel serves as excellent reference material on a topic, we're not opposed to making it a sticky (a la the Scope of Practice sticky).

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
And to bring this topic back OFF topic...

People in Southern Cali are a strange breed...

[YOUTUBE]_6t-EjrtD3U[/YOUTUBE]

Achilles

Forum Moron
Not all members use the introduction sticky, nor do they use the state EMS office sticky, nor the EMTLife Abstract sticky and the associated Answers about the new forum sticky.

My point about using the plural of sticky is that several forums already have multiple stickies at the top of them, and adding more only pushes the active topics further down the page.

That being said, if we see a good, vibrant thread about a topic that we feel serves as excellent reference material on a topic, we're not opposed to making it a sticky (a la the Scope of Practice sticky).
Lucky for us, the only sticky in the Eduction and Training sub-forum. Is from 2011 and it regards 2012 which is over, infact the last post in the thread was from February of last year.
Hmmm.
Is 21 replies the magic number to have something made a sticky? If so I'm sure I can get a "Starting basic what should I do" thread with at least that.

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=33037

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
And to bring this topic back OFF topic...

People in Southern Cali are a strange breed...

You don't know how hard it is when you've acclimated to such nice weather. It's not fair and it's not funny!

:pout:

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358313564.642140.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
SoCal is the place to be for nice weather.

A&P class should be a lot of fun this semester. Teacher was an EMT, EMT Skills Instructor, Paramedic, Wildland Firefighter, Paramedic Firefighter, and now has her Ph.D.

Plus she is friends with the EMT Instructor I teach skills for (his wife and he are also taking the class).

And we also have a human cadaver lab.

JDub

Forum Lieutenant
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIUKRVKG-0s[/YOUTUBE]

I have had this song stuck in my head for days now. More rap songs should be covered by cheeky British people playing ukeleles.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Lucky for us, the only sticky in the Eduction and Training sub-forum. Is from 2011 and it regards 2012 which is over, infact the last post in the thread was from February of last year.
Hmmm.
Is 21 replies the magic number to have something made a sticky? If so I'm sure I can get a "Starting basic what should I do" thread with at least that.

http://www.emtlife.com/showthread.php?t=33037

There is no magic number of replies to be made a sticky, because if that was the case this thread would have made it a LOOOONNNNGGGGG time ago.

This is the ONLY criteria for a thread to be made a sticky

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
This is the ONLY criteria for a thread to be made a sticky

Pimp question thread *cough cough* shameless plug :ph34r:

I checked my school email today and I have like 10 emails from classmates freaking out about the NCLEX and asking how to study. I feel like a total :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: telling them I didn't study at all. I don't think studying for weeks really helps you. You either know it or don't.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just priced out a sound system for the truck. 1900 bucks before installation...ouch.

Blondie is finally getting a taste of her own medicine. She wants to run me in circles? Cool, I can play that game to. Sucks to do though :(

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Finally back with my girlfriend after a months vacation to different places (homes). I don't hate it, even if I had to wake up super early to get her at the airport.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Yeh, if I am used to it being >65F 360/365 days a year, I am gonna curl up into a ball and die at <55F, lol. It's seriously painful for a lot of us Californians. I was so cold in class today I just kept rubbing my knees, rubbing my hand, wore two jackets, and I was talking about bringing a heater to class on Thursday. I was suffering!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
We just got our preliminary data from 2012 and our fastest STEMI EMS contact to PCI reperfusion was 13 mins. Not too shabby. He must have been down the street from the hospital.

SSwain

Forum Captain
I've spent at least 40% of my Vegas trip waiting on women to either use the restroom or get dressed.

It seems I've waited half my life for women to get UNdressed....

SSwain

Forum Captain
Yeh, if I am used to it being >65F 360/365 days a year, I am gonna curl up into a ball and die at <55F, lol. It's seriously painful for a lot of us Californians. I was so cold in class today I just kept rubbing my knees, rubbing my hand, wore two jackets, and I was talking about bringing a heater to class on Thursday. I was suffering!

Spend some time with me ice fishing....
profile2.jpg

I love cold weather.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just priced out a sound system for the truck. 1900 bucks before installation...ouch.

Blondie is finally getting a taste of her own medicine. She wants to run me in circles? Cool, I can play that game to. Sucks to do though :(

Ouch. What kind of system are you going with? For that price it seems like you are getting subs, an Amp, head unit, and upgrading the door speakers.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Tonight is my first night alone at the new job (last night was my 1 orientation shift). I am ALS coverage/intercept for up to 25 oil/drill rigs and a camp of over 2000 in northern Alberta. There are 3 emts posted in strategic spots while I roam the area. I have nights for 2 weeks.(12 hour shifts for 14 straight shifts, then my next 2 weeks I am on days) the guy I'm relieving had 0 pt contacts and in his 2 weeks there were 3 emergency calls where the emt's cancelled him. There is a clinic at the main camp and most pts walk over to it after or before shift.

Thank god for netflix and wireless internet cards.